Seattle Mariners Rebrand

elliott

I've always thought that the Mariners should go back to the pitchfork logo, so you took a step in the right direction. But I think putting the space needle on top of the logo, is unique and creative, but it doesn't look like a baseball logo. I think just a "pitchfork m" looks the best. The pitchfork represents the sea, because of Zeus. The wordmark does look kinda awkward, because the M looks lowercase. However on the jersey it suprised me by looking pretty good, you could still make it look better though. Final gripe is the fact that so many teams in MLB have blue apart of there color scheme, 19 to be exact. And of those 19, 14 of them use blue as there main color. Therefore, I love the color teal for the Mariners. You should make it more of the main color. And with that I believe you would have a winner. Great Concept.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

• 1 month later...
I've always thought that the Mariners should go back to the pitchfork logo, so you took a step in the right direction. But I think putting the space needle on top of the logo, is unique and creative, but it doesn't look like a baseball logo. I think just a "pitchfork m" looks the best. The pitchfork represents the sea, because of Zeus. The wordmark does look kinda awkward, because the M looks lowercase. However on the jersey it suprised me by looking pretty good, you could still make it look better though. Final gripe is the fact that so many teams in MLB have blue apart of there color scheme, 19 to be exact. And of those 19, 14 of them use blue as there main color. Therefore, I love the color teal for the Mariners. You should make it more of the main color. And with that I believe you would have a winner. Great Concept.

Huh? I really don't follow that comment at all. What does Zeus have to so with the sea?

gYH2mW9.png

Huh? I really don't follow that comment at all. What does Zeus have to so with the sea?

yeah almost, the pitchfork/trident is representative of the greek god Poseidon, Zeus' brother, god of the sea

Cool idea...but it looks like Drew Careys' soccer team beat you to it.

http://www.soundersfc.com/

sorry to go off topic a tad...but if you watch the changing headers on the sounders site...you'll notice a group of fans in the rotation. I found it funny that one of the fans clearly is holding a scarf that reads "Emerald City (something)"...rather than Sounders FC.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• 1 year later...

Nice effort...but "space" and "marine" are two completely different environments/themes, that don't make any sense to put together for me.

I agree with Milo Meningocele, there?s absolutely no reason to throw the Space Needle into EVERY Seattle sporting team logo.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived