CCSLC Apprentice

GFB

but i want to say one thing in my defence,

post number 168

as for the star logo with the blue bottum, i dont think it works, because where u guys made it blue is like the bottum of the building! i just dont think the board will like it, plus the one with a soloid color seems to flow better imo.

that was my oppinion on making the bottum of the "star" sholder logo blue, (one of the key things that most of the judges didn't like)

who knows what would have happened if they took my advice but i think it may have helped.

If I may chime in, there is one problem with this statement... you said this after the deadline had passed by over one hour, so it was technically impossible to "listen to you." (Plus, though this is besides the point, I don't know what a "soloid" color is.)

I don't know, I can't blame you or anyone for having a busy schedule. Though some people are able to work around it (ColaCock was gone the whole week straight and helped out in the last few days). Personally my biggest problem is that you had time to make new NHL jerseys for your thread. You're saying that you don't have time to download free programs and even fonts (!) but in reality all of that takes far less time and effort than making a jersey on MS Paint. Far less. In all seriousness, installing a font takes 30 seconds at most and installing GIMP or Inkscape would take less than 10 minutes, probably less. Even if you used Paint.NET, which is smaller than those but similar to though much more powerful than MS Paint, so it wouldn't take much time at all. Basically another thing I'm trying to say is that you can do more than all you need for this competition in Inkscape and you keep saying you don't have time to install it, if you keep waiting for Illy how is that any better? You still have to install it and learn it and it would make much more sense to use Inkscape.

I appreciate that you came out and said this, and in fact it would have been much more helpful if you just said this at the beginning. I'll never blame anyone for having things more important than this, because I do and we all do, but the bottom line for me is that you still found the time to make NHL 3rd's.

(And BTW I hate to be the party pooper for everyone but we really need to speed up this part of the process in my opinion cause at this rate we'll be here until 2009)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but i want to say one thing in my defence,

post number 168

as for the star logo with the blue bottum, i dont think it works, because where u guys made it blue is like the bottum of the building! i just dont think the board will like it, plus the one with a soloid color seems to flow better imo.

that was my oppinion on making the bottum of the "star" sholder logo blue, (one of the key things that most of the judges didn't like)

who knows what would have happened if they took my advice but i think it may have helped.

If I may chime in, there is one problem with this statement... you said this after the deadline had passed by over one hour, so it was technically impossible to "listen to you." (Plus, though this is besides the point, I don't know what a "soloid" color is.)

I don't know, I can't blame you or anyone for having a busy schedule. Though some people are able to work around it (ColaCock was gone the whole week straight and helped out in the last few days). Personally my biggest problem is that you had time to make new NHL jerseys for your thread. You're saying that you don't have time to download free programs and even fonts (!) but in reality all of that takes far less time and effort than making a jersey on MS Paint. Far less. In all seriousness, installing a font takes 30 seconds at most and installing GIMP or Inkscape would take less than 10 minutes, probably less. Even if you used Paint.NET, which is smaller than those but similar to though much more powerful than MS Paint, so it wouldn't take much time at all. Basically another thing I'm trying to say is that you can do more than all you need for this competition in Inkscape and you keep saying you don't have time to install it, if you keep waiting for Illy how is that any better? You still have to install it and learn it and it would make much more sense to use Inkscape.

I appreciate that you came out and said this, and in fact it would have been much more helpful if you just said this at the beginning. I'll never blame anyone for having things more important than this, because I do and we all do, but the bottom line for me is that you still found the time to make NHL 3rd's.

(And BTW I hate to be the party pooper for everyone but we really need to speed up this part of the process in my opinion cause at this rate we'll be here until 2009)

ok, i did have time for my nhl 3rds, i know that is why i know i am the one to go and i am not trying to fight it.

but gbm, you dont say anything about my nhl jerseys, thats kind of like me, you dont have anything to say about them because if you diod you probubly would, in this competition i had almost nothing so say, i was monatering the conversations and when something came up i said it, but that wasnt to offten.

ok, maby i will check ou these programs idk.

Bruschimania was sick, but even prior to being sick, I didn't feel that he was entirely there. He worked on lets_go_red's secondary logo, but beyond that, didn't make any lasting contributions. However, Bruschimania was checking in a lot, so I'm just taking him with because I need another person more than anything. I'm not really concerned with his performance.

I know full well that you had to pick two, but I don't know if I agree with the line of thought. If you look at the first few pages, I was as active as anyone else on the team, in brainstorming, researching, etc. I worked several things in Illustrator, but none of them matched anything that I'd have been proud to see on the board, so that's why I didn't post it. I was working on custom numbers, trying to rework some of the other sketches, trying to work some of the ideas that I had mentioned on the thread, such as incorporating green forests and what not. My output might not have been at the level of some of the other participants, but I was definitely "entirely there".

Then, at the end of the week and over the weekend, I got sick. When I got on, and saw the requirement, I was immediately confused by it more than anything else. I knew, from reading the initial things, that the font had to be custom-made, which confused on what "finding a font" would have anything to do with it, and although I had mentioned in the thread on at least one occasion that I thought the best road, to match the wordmarks, would be in the style of something like the Cowboys throwback numbers. Once again, I worked on it, but nothing fruitful came from it.

Maybe I should've posted some of the half-finished stuff I scrapped, just to see if someone else could make something decent out of it. A lot of times, if I'm not happy with something, I kind of bury it. I'm not saying I didn't make mistakes in this competition, I would just say more that any mistake I made wasn't from lack of effort or interest.

Archived