CCSLC Apprentice

GFB

Apprentice Participants:

Please be advised that in order to get your shirts to you (whichever group is chosen by the panel), I'll need to get all files from your team in Adobe Illustrator 9.0-compatible format (.AI or .EPS). Consequently, if you would, please turn in whatever 'materials' you may have (including 'rejected' or 'preliminary' versions of your designs) to your Task Manager. I'll also need you to PM me with your mailing address (well, if you're from the winning side, that is) so that when they're done, I can get them out to you.

Among the things I'm considering (but unsure if we'll actually do - it depends on a few factors on our end) is put a section of our web site together giving a little article on how the Senators' look came to be. Consequently I'd like to have access to everything I can so as to show the evolution of the chosen design.

Thanks!

You should just make a pdf of the winning team's thread, I'm sure most visitors to your site haven't seen something like that before.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the unused, preliminary, and "access to everything" designs, would you only need raster images of those? I assume the .ai and .eps are things that have a chance of making the jersey (in other words, no sketches).

If that's all that's available, yeah, sure... I just wanted to have stuff that I could re-size without distortion in case it was needed.

nav-logo.png

In advance of the announcement, I'd like to make a little one of my own.

As a demonstration of my appreciation to both the Prodigy and Optimus groups for their fine effort in putting together this package, I'd like to present each member of both teams with a T-shirt featuring their team's wordmark design. Having seen the diligence and co-operation unfold within each team during this effort, I'm compelled to see to it that the effort is rewarded in some small fashion.

Consequently, once I have the necessary AI-compatible files, I'll essentially be having three sets of shirts made: one for Optimus, one for Prodigy, and one for the North State Senators (as determined by the judges).

To facilitate this I'll need each member of both teams to drop me a PM with (1) their name and mailing address, (2) which team they participated as a member of, and (3) what size shirt they'd like (the range goes basically from large to 5XL). As soon as they're made (early August I suspect), I'll be sure to send them out.

While the winner of the challenge will be announced tomorrow, no one will walk away empty-handed from this one!

nav-logo.png

As a demonstration of my appreciation to both the Prodigy and Optimus groups for their fine effort in putting together this package, I'd like to present each member of both teams with a T-shirt featuring their team's wordmark design. Having seen the diligence and co-operation unfold within each team during this effort, I'm compelled to see to it that the effort is rewarded in some small fashion.

Consequently, once I have the necessary AI-compatible files, I'll essentially be having three sets of shirts made: one for Optimus, one for Prodigy, and one for the North State Senators (as determined by the judges).

To facilitate this I'll need each member of both teams to drop me a PM with (1) their name and mailing address, (2) which team they participated as a member of, and (3) what size shirt they'd like (the range goes basically from large to 5XL). As soon as they're made (early August I suspect), I'll be sure to send them out.

While the winner of the challenge will be announced tomorrow, no one will walk away empty-handed from this one!

Thanks, Mac, very generous of you. I hope it doesn't set you guys back too much..

Thanks, Mac, very generous of you. I hope it doesn't set you guys back too much..

Eh, I'm paying for the ones you all get out of my own pocket - the organization won't feel the dent. I haven't done a good deed in a while, so I figure I'm a little past due. :)

nav-logo.png

Many thanks, mac man. I'll wear it with pride.

oBIgzrL.png

Thanks Mac!!!

brewerssig.jpg

Just an FYI... the orders for the shirts were placed this morning, though it may be a while before I actually get them - the screen printer I deal with just this week moved into a new, significantly larger facility. Consequently it may be a little while before he gets everything up and running again.

I've asked to have the shirts done by August 1st, and presuming he makes that deadline (he normally does, but once in a a while...) I'll try to get them out within the week or so that follows.

From this point on though, if you didn't get your specific size in, you may be out of luck - the bulk of what I ordered are large's and x-large's (those who asked for 2X's are covered, but anyone wanting one from this point forward, well, you aren't getting it, sorry).

Also, the shirts will not have numbers on the back, nor will they have sleeve logos (budget constraints - adding the sleeve logos would've cost literally an extra $120, and numbers would've added another $90; I'm generous I guess, but I'm also cheap). :)

Anyway, that's the latest with the shirts. I'll provide more info. as I get it.

nav-logo.png

OK, sorry about being late with this (crazy birthday-ness), but the winner of CHALLENGE 2 is....

... PRODIGY by the slimmest of margins!

Board room will start tomorrow hopefully. If the Optimus TM (Shiny?) can choose his two teammates to bring with him by tomorrow, it will really help get this thing going.

Have a great day,

GFB

Congrats, team Prodigy!

Oh, and to be clear - I've ordered shirts for every member of both teams... someone thought because they didn't get a PM to me they were going to miss out (not the case - I just may have to send you an XL instead of a 2X, or a large instead of something else if you didn't get a PM to me before I placed the order).

nav-logo.png

Board room will start tomorrow hopefully. If the Optimus TM (Shiny?) can choose his two teammates to bring with him by tomorrow, it will really help get this thing going.

I will be there, along with Bruschimania and jake22.

Why those two? Just curious...

Bruschimania was sick, but even prior to being sick, I didn't feel that he was entirely there. He worked on lets_go_red's secondary logo, but beyond that, didn't make any lasting contributions. However, Bruschimania was checking in a lot, so I'm just taking him with because I need another person more than anything. I'm not really concerned with his performance.

However, I am concerned with the performance of jake22. He was hardly there at all. He never did the individual logo/clean-up assignment that I gave him (in fact, he and Bruschimania are the only ones not to do theirs). Additionally, he rarely checked in, despite being online to update on his NHL 3rds. Late into the contest, he made us start to second-guess our colors. Most importantly, however, is that in this early stage in the competition, we need people to show up and contribute to the discussion; jake22 was particularly lacking in this part of the contest, and I'd rather have more avid posters on my team and people more serious about the contest moving on into the following rounds. He didn't strike me as particularly concerned with the outcome of the project, unlike most of the other team members.

Why those two? Just curious...

However, I am concerned with the performance of jake22. He was hardly there at all. He never did the individual logo/clean-up assignment that I gave him (in fact, he and Bruschimania are the only ones not to do theirs). Additionally, he rarely checked in, despite being online to update on his NHL 3rds. Late into the contest, he made us start to second-guess our colors. Most importantly, however, is that in this early stage in the competition, we need people to show up and contribute to the discussion; jake22 was particularly lacking in this part of the contest, and I'd rather have more avid posters on my team and people more serious about the contest moving on into the following rounds. He didn't strike me as particularly concerned with the outcome of the project, unlike most of the other team members.

its all true, and i knew that as soon as my team lost i would be the one to go.

thats why i almost didnt even enter into this contest.

i am very busy (that week i had football and lacrosse and drivers edducation class every day, and my dad that lives out of state that i dont see very often was visiting, so sorry if my top priority wasn't this compitition)

I have ms paint, thats it. People have told me to go to different websites and get this or that free softwear, but i never have the time.

I have this on going conversation going on with my neighbor who can get me illustrator for free or very cheep. so i am just waiting till i get that.

people in this challange really knew what they were doing and i was just in the back with nothing to say, then i thought it was important to check in even though i had been looking at the thred alot, so i said something like "oh, hi team, sorry i havnt been around but i like what you have so far"

then i toyed around with powder blue but no one liked it so that was that.

then i made some "sloppy" changes to the sholder logo (it was the best i could in paint)

then the guy who made the logo (williamrhys) said this,

I think you just nailed that Jake. I couldn't think of something to fill the blank space, and doesn't work if you move the "dome" further up the star.

and people liked it, then they made it better and it turned out being part of the finished product.

as for my "assignment", shiny told me to find a good number font, (he had someone else doing it as well and it wasn't even a requirment)

I suck at fonts, all i have is ms word (i know there are websites, but again i dont have the time to download a font), i tryed everything on there and nothing was good, i didnt post it because i didnt find anything i liked, (would it have been better to put up something i didnt like?)

but i want to say one thing in my defence,

post number 168

as for the star logo with the blue bottum, i dont think it works, because where u guys made it blue is like the bottum of the building! i just dont think the board will like it, plus the one with a soloid color seems to flow better imo.

that was my oppinion on making the bottum of the "star" sholder logo blue, (one of the key things that most of the judges didn't like)

who knows what would have happened if they took my advice but i think it may have helped.

so do what you want, but you all know that the winner of this competition is going to be someone that has nothing to do, all the time in the world to devote to this, and a program better than paint.

I tryed my best, thats all i can do.....

Archived