All-Star Game Logo

-kj

I posted this originally way back in the requests forum, which turned out to the be wrong place. So, since I revisited the design, and the mods are asleep ;) , I figured I'd re-post it here and get some feedback.

The current design:

aha2004d2-sm.gif

The original thought:

aha2004b2.gif

Last year's (also designed by me):

2003.gif

The difference in colour between this year's and last is noticable, but I'm guessing last year (since I don't remember) I took some liberties and darkened the colours from the league's logo a bit. This year's is following the league's actual colours a bit better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I actually like the darker colors, but if you're trying to keep them true to what the league uses, then I guess these will do.

Overall, a good design. One suggestion...find a better font for the numbers, or at least just fix the 2. No matter how many times I look at it, I keep seeing "zoo4".

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I like the current design. Very nice. Professional looking.

I agree with the Z-004

Alos, the white stripe oon the blue star in the background keeps catching my eye. I'd try to redo that somehow.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeah, I pretty much hate the 2 in that font as well. I tried editing it a touch, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference, from what y'all're saying. Of course, I now can't seem to find that font on my computer (I originally started this on a different machine, that I no longer have access to), and WhatTheFont? can't seem to figure out what it is. Ergh.

I tried the grey colour for that stripe at the top, and it looked kindof weird, too dulled (if that's a real term).

Hrm, I just realized that the white outline around the blue stripe that crosses the H is much too strong--I forgot to make it smaller when I changed the outline around the rest of the AHA logo. D'oh! I'll have to work on that at home tonight.

POTD 2013-08-22

I prefer the "original thought" version. Has more perspective as opposed the "current design", which feels a lot more flat. I find the perspective of the "original thought" makes it feel more modern, more Z004, if you will ^_^

Nice work Mockba, these are cool.

...and just to let you know, the moderators never sleep. But feel free to maintain that false sense of security. B)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well, I played with it more... and more and more and more, instead of going to sleep early like I'd told myself I would. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's the current "latest" version:

[EDIT: I couldn't decide between these two, so I added the second.]

aha2004g-sm.gif

aha2004g2-sm.gif

There are more versions in the directory.

POTD 2013-08-22

Well, I just realized that I like the strong thick outlines of the "original thought" also a little more than the drop shadow/multiple outlines... but otherwise this latest version is very nice. Sweet work, Mockba!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

very nice set of fixes... top notch.. i love it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived