Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball?

DelayedPenalty

I was sitting around thinking the other day, about my favorite team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, and how terrible this upcoming season is going to be (I can sense this, I have those powers), and it got me thinking. Anaheim got great results after a complete overhaul of their identity; colors, logo, name, a phenomenon I have dubbed, "The Anaheim Effect". Now I didn't want to go as far as they did, but I wondered what could be done to change the identity of the Leafs, who have remained virtually unchanged since the 80s. I wanted to design a new logo, and switch up the uniforms to create something more dynamic, and step away from tradition. Here's what I came up with.

Don't forget, this happened to the Broncos and also to the Patriots and the Anaheim Angels before the Ducks

I was sitting around thinking the other day, about my favorite team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, and how terrible this upcoming season is going to be (I can sense this, I have those powers), and it got me thinking. Anaheim got great results after a complete overhaul of their identity; colors, logo, name, a phenomenon I have dubbed, "The Anaheim Effect". Now I didn't want to go as far as they did, but I wondered what could be done to change the identity of the Leafs, who have remained virtually unchanged since the 80s. I wanted to design a new logo, and switch up the uniforms to create something more dynamic, and step away from tradition. Here's what I came up with.

Don't forget, this happened to the Broncos and also to the Patriots and the Anaheim Angels before the Ducks

And they all went on to win major championships. Ya feel me Toronto??

I think you got something there! It's an updated of a classic, I know our Leafs fans would freak, but it's really a solid design.

I've seen some with a Maple Leaf in front of the letter "T", but this is very good. I like your uniform concepts also, very solid!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The T-leaf looks fantastic. In a subsequent post where your original hockey concept was quoted (and still visible), I think it looked good. Your new logo makes a great alternate. With regards to the TML baseball team, your logo is hands-down much better than the original. The retro-Blue Jays feel is superb and it looks good all around. I noticed no glaring faux pas on your first foray in to baseball. The choice of having a yoke (sp?) on the shoulders/sleeves of the alternate is non-traditional, but I like how you pulled it off. I like this concept very much.

The only negative I can think of (and this isn't really much of a negative) is your T-leaf logo has a secondary feel to it. I don't know why, but it seems like it's destined to serve as an alternate or a sleeve patch. It's incredibly well done, but I just get that kind of vibe.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Works much, much better as a baseball concept. The wordmarks on the jerseys look a little too "Blue Jayish", but keep at it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived