Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball?

DelayedPenalty

So the response from my TML hockey logo/uniform concept was far from favorable (as I kind of expected when tackling a team with such tradition), but it brought about an interesting idea. Lord Dravan suggested that I should use it as a concept for the Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team. Now I had no clue that there was a TML baseball team, or that the Intercounty Baseball League even existed, but I decided to give it a shot.

This is my first baseball concept ever, and I wasn't really sure of the rules of home and road uniforms, alternates, hat colors and all that stuff, so forgive me if I f'ed it up!

What They Wear Now:

5351613e45fa8ab07b3ee2112c76.jpeg

And Their Current Logo:

8q4uj3t1vhxizd0y7g5z.gif

The Original Primary Logo:

TML-Logo-1.png

Unchanged from the hockey concept.

Home and Away Unis:

TML-Baseball-HA.png

I kept it fairly traditional, since the team has been in existence for 40 years, and it's baseball, you can't go too wild. The font I used is called N.O. Movement from dafont.com. Retro-Blue Jays inspired hats with the blue logo.

A couple of Alternates:

TML-Baseball-Alts.png

The team currently wears a navy blue pullover with a simple logo on the left breast, white and a lighter blue stripe on the sleeves and collar. I kept the navy pullover, changed the logo to a wordmark and added a number below. An all navy cap with white logo is similar to what they wear now. The other alternate I went with a retro-Blue Jays style cap with the blue logo, and a navy/white jersey and white pants. Again, I'm not sure of all the rules of baseball uniforms, so forgive me if I created a faux pas!

Once again, C&C welcome and appreciated!

I think that perhaps a complete change of face would be good for them. They might actually pull an Anaheim and (shock horror) start winning.

I'm a traditionalist, but I think the logo change is acceptable. I'd still rather not change it, but I understand thats not your point. I just think you could do a lot more than re-colour the ASG template for the jerseys.

If this concept was for real, I would love to see your logo as a secondary and shoulder crest, much better than the TML logo.

Wade-sig.png

I just think you could do a lot more than re-colour the ASG template for the jerseys.

Yeah, I'm working on a different uniform as we speak. I just know that with the Rbk templated uniforms, that if Toronto did decide to change they would go with one of the existing templates. I could see them using a Phoenix/Carolina style template.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! Personally I don't even think it works for any team.

Which part and for what reasons?

Well I never really liked that jersey ever and I don't even think it looks modern. To me a modern jersey is like the ducks or sabres and to simplied extent the jackets and a classic jersey is like boston or chicago. All this new "modern" crap SUCKS. It has no flow AT ALL. Now I know its not your fault that they look like the way they do but its your fault you used them.

Now about the logo. Well its a good idea but I just don't think it works. Its blended together too much. I can't tell its a maple leaf and I can't tell its a T. If I look at it I can figure it out but its just too blended together. Separated them a bit and get rid of some of that empty space in the middle of the logo.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

If one more person recolours the All-Star game template, I might just have to kill myself.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I was sitting around thinking the other day, about my favorite team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, and how terrible this upcoming season is going to be (I can sense this, I have those powers), and it got me thinking. Anaheim got great results after a complete overhaul of their identity; colors, logo, name, a phenomenon I have dubbed, "The Anaheim Effect". Now I didn't want to go as far as they did, but I wondered what could be done to change the identity of the Leafs, who have remained virtually unchanged since the 80s. I wanted to design a new logo, and switch up the uniforms to create something more dynamic, and step away from tradition. Here's what I came up with.

New Primary Logo:

TML-Logo-1.png

I kept the blue from the existing logo/identity, but other than that everything is all new. The combination of the italicized T and the leaf fit well together in my mind, and I think it turned out nicely.

Sweaters:

TorontoMapleLeafsWildJerse.png

I used the primary logo in both blue for the road sweater, and reversed in white on the home sweater. For the shoulder crests I chose to bring back the TML logo that was dropped last season. I also revived the silver/gray that was dropped from the set as well. The other shoulder crest is the City of Toronto flag, following in Calgary's tracks with the Alberta flag. The piping is not intended to be gray, just the separation in fabric panels. I kept the existing font for the name plate, but switched up the number font. I used the New England Patriots alternate font to mirror the italic of the primary logo.

Now I know I'm going to hear it from the traditionalists..."You can't change the logo", "the uniform is too modern" blah blah, trust me, I know. I'm not suggesting these as changes, because I don't know that I'd want to see the existing logo go, unless it could be modernized without changing completely. I mostly did this concept to get out of my creative funk, and to kill some time. Hooray unemployment!!

C&C welcome and appreciated!

*Edit: I decided to do one with the current logo to try and keep the traditionalists at bay.

TorontoMapleLeafs.png

With all due respect to your hard work, the Leafs' basic uniform design and the basic Leaf logo rank up there as untouchables. And FYI the Leafs returned to the more-traditional style of stockings and sweater for 1992-93, the year they should have won Lord Stanley's silver spitoon (Thank You Kerry Fraser, you chickensh** zebra). Traditionally teams like the Canadiens, Red Wings, Yankees and Celtics haven't changed their uniforms but are consistently the biggest winners in their respective sports. Were it up to me I'd keep the basic Leaf uniform of today, put the stripes back around the waist where they belong and finally get rid of "The Ballard Leaf." I'd return the Stanley Cup-winning 1964 version of the Leaf to the sweaters. That version was the cleanest one ever. It's timeless and would need no tinkering, ala the other eternally timeless "Original Six" logos. No Silver trim, no Reebok swirls, no ultra-moderne kookie-cutesie graphic half-Leaf, half-T logo that you can't figure out what it is. Just basic BLUE AND WHITE, EH? It ain't hard to figure out.

With all due respect to your hard work, the Leafs' basic uniform design and the basic Leaf logo rank up there as untouchables. And FYI the Leafs returned to the more-traditional style of stockings and sweater for 1992-93, the year they should have won Lord Stanley's silver spitoon (Thank You Kerry Fraser, you chickensh** zebra). Traditionally teams like the Canadiens, Red Wings, Yankees and Celtics haven't changed their uniforms but are consistently the biggest winners in their respective sports. Were it up to me I'd keep the basic Leaf uniform of today, put the stripes back around the waist where they belong and finally get rid of "The Ballard Leaf." I'd return the Stanley Cup-winning 1964 version of the Leaf to the sweaters. That version was the cleanest one ever. It's timeless and would need no tinkering, ala the other eternally timeless "Original Six" logos. No Silver trim, no Reebok swirls, no ultra-moderne kookie-cutesie graphic half-Leaf, half-T logo that you can't figure out what it is. Just basic BLUE AND WHITE, EH? It ain't hard to figure out.

I completely understand what you're saying, and like I said in my original post

Now I know I'm going to hear it from the traditionalists..."You can't change the logo", "the uniform is too modern" blah blah, trust me, I know. I'm not suggesting these as changes, because I don't know that I'd want to see the existing logo go, unless it could be modernized without changing completely.

Keep in mind this is just a CONCEPT. Please evaluate it on its conceptual value. If I had my way, this is what TML would be wearing

MapleLeafs4.gif

jeez people settle down and read the rest of the post... he explains his reasons. I'm tired of seeing people do good concepts and then people bash them because they're touching an "untouchable" team... there's a reason they're called "concepts" seems that people lose that thought when they see something they don't agree with.

spacer.png

Keep it up man! I don't even like hockey, but I do like your ideas. The Maple Leafs are so plain, an update like this would be cool for them. Don't listen to the ones that like to be negative all the time. There are enough people on here that are supportive of your efforts.

jeez people settle down and read the rest of the post... he explains his reasons. I'm tired of seeing people do good concepts and then people bash them because they're touching an "untouchable" team... there's a reason they're called "concepts" seems that people lose that thought when they see something they don't agree with.

Thank you so much Walrus, someone finally gets it!

I never though I'd see that eye burning all-star template ever again in any concept. I was wrong.

I also think a jersey with their current logo would look alot better. That flying T with the leaf border does not scream Maple Leafs to me, and shouldn't be used for the team.

I really like that logo...

I like the fack that you add silver on the shirts, but even if I LIKE THAT ALL STAR TEMPLATE, if the Leafs were to update their look, they should go with something 100% original.

I would suggest something that incorporates the 70's shoulder stripes (a-la-Winnipeg Jets) and may a slight EDGE-like piping in addition...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I love this logo! it is wonderful but, I think it does not work for the Maple Leafs. If I may suggest, this would make a killer cap logo for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the intercounty Baseball league. Seriously, you should contact them about using it. I think they would.

Archived