Oilers Weren't The First

M4One

Okay, it's been a while since people have been trashing the new EDGE jerseys, especially the Oilers for their practice jersey look. Well, yesterday, while watching tv, I saw an old photo of the 1994 Swedish Olympic hockey team and they had the same weird sleeve, albeit, they did have the stripes on the hem so it doesn't look as bad as the Oilers. The picture is the best I could find.

1994Sweden.jpg

Interesting find....even the waist stripes don't go all the way around like some teams with the Edge jersey today. Your post just clearly demonstrates how some ideas from the past should never be brought back.

• 3 weeks later...

The real problem with the Reebok/Tackla jerseys from that time frame (1990-95) wasn't the design, it was the atrociously bad quality of the jerseys themselves. Most practice jerseys and roller hockey jerseys are of better quality.

I remember selling those at Champs in 1995- they were the same price as the NHL replicas we had, and kind of poorly made. I liked the designs (except the huge vectors) but they were just to expensive for what they were.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived