MLB Fan Fest

NJTank

I was at Fan Fest yesterday at the Javits, and I gotta tell you this is really a must do if it ever comes to your hometown, I took loads of pictures, mainly of the stuff to be auctioned.

I wish I had more time to do stuff there, I only had three hour to walk around before I had to head off for Shea Stadium and the Mets Game, and some of the lines were real long, but they had loads of great things displays and if you have kids you can take them to the batting changes and fielding clinics they had there. The stuff was a bit expensive so I didn't buy much but it trully was loads of fun, I also got a DVD with me holding the ASG MVP Trophy I will post later.

Any way here are the pics

Fan Fest

As for the Mets Game a combined 1 hitter was not shabby either

Mets vs Rockies 7/12/08

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I went to the FanFest twice when it was in Atlanta back in 2000. (I scored a couple tickets off someone who had extra, so I didn't pay anything, and apparently those tickets were good for three days instead of one, so my friend and I each got in twice for free. I planned to go just that one time, but went the extra day as well.)

It was pretty interesting. We went in fairly early on Monday when the lines were a bit shorter for autographs, since Sunday was crowded as hell. I got Fred Lynn's and Enos Cabell's signatures. Other than buying a crapload of baseball cards and seeing the customary pitching/hitting cages and such, it was full of sponsor booths. But it was about as close to the All-Star festivities that a 16-year-old guy was going to get, so it was pretty fun.

I like how it's $33 dollar for a fitted hat (extremely overpriced) but only $110 for an Expos Game Worn Jersey (extremely underpriced).

Looks like you had a great time, Tank! A lot dedicated to Thurman Munson I saw too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like how it's $33 dollar for a fitted hat (extremely overpriced) but only $110 for an Expos Game Worn Jersey (extremely underpriced).

Looks like you had a great time, Tank! A lot dedicated to Thurman Munson I saw too.

Yeah I was stunned to see so much of his personal items up for auction

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah I was stunned to see so much of his personal items up for auction

That's because this is it - the first official auction of his estate. His widow has finally decided that it's time.

I went, was very unimpressed. I worked the NBA Fan Jam in 98, and it was a lot bigger. Here are some pics I took. However, I received a comped ticket. If I paid $30, I would have been p!$$ed.

Was able to get Todd McFarlane to autograph my Jeter exclusive figure. Wanted to get the Mattingly signed as well, but they only allowed one per person, tried to get back on line, but they closed the line. Going to keep my eyes open for a Jeter autograph signing, get him to sign it too.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/cog...B%20Fan%20Fest/

P1020116.jpg

P1020380.jpg

I looked through some of the jerseys. Didn't see anyone I had even heard of. Not as if they had Carter, Dawson, Raines, Guerrero, Walker, Staub, or anyone like that.

Archived