Greatest Sports Arena

the_cynic

I like MSG, but I do feel the current MSG, open since February 1968, is really showing its age. Case in point- if you see the highlights from the Knicks games, you notice that the seats past the above the lower sections are pretty much darkened that you can BARELY see anything except the score board. At the newer arenas, at least you can see everyone!!! It is alos time for the buzzer to be retired!!! It is so 1968!!!

AS far as baseball goes, it is indeed Yankee Stadium!

Football-Giants Stadium, followed by the OLD Soldier Field- why ruin a good thing!!!- in second, and LA Coliseum third!

honorable- MCG in Melbourne for Footy and Cricket!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going to do for all the 4 sports then here we go...

Hockey - Current: Madison Square Garden - Past: Maple Leaf Gardens

Football - Current: Lambeau Field - Past: Franklin Field

Baseball - Current & Past: Yankee Stadium

Basketball - Current & Past: Madison Square Garden

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If we are going to do for all the 4 sports then here we go...

Hockey - Current: Madison Square Garden - Past: Maple Leaf Gardens

Football - Current: Lambeau Field - Past: Franklin Field

Baseball - Current & Past: Yankee Stadium

Basketball - Current & Past: Madison Square Garden

Nice List JQK Ill do past and current too sport by sport look too

Hockey:

Past- The Montreal Forum-All those cups all thos eHall of Famers not much else to say.

Current-MSG every other building is just to new to have a true legacy to it.

Basketball:

Past-Boston Garden 8 straight NBA Titles 16 overall the Parquet Floor, the legendary bad bounces, the uncofortable vistin locker room 40-1 home record in 1986.

Current- MSG its a drawing point with a legendary history just since the new building opened in 1968 starting with Willis Reed.

Football

Past: Wrigley Field (Ya thats Right Wrigley Field) the Bears did not move into Soldier Field until 1971 meaning that Red Grange, Gayle Sayers, George Halas, Sid Luckman and Dick Butkus all played on that field. I always like looking old fils seeing the leafless ivy on the red brick wall while Syaers with mud all over his uniforms rumbles up the field.

Current: Lambeau Field built in 1958 it is the capital of Titletown and everytiem you see it you flashback to the Ice Bowl.

Baseball; Past and CUrrent Yankee Stadium its where Babe Ruth played, the stands have changed but you can still feel the presence of the Babe.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Baseball: Fenway, you don't get that feeling of architecture from inside and out anywhere else. From the brick on the outside to the Green Monster inside. It just has a feel to it no matter how many times I've been. A close second to Fenway is Camden Yards. I loved it, absolutely magnificent. (I'm go to San Fran in June, so I'll see what SBC Park is like)

Football: tie: Lincoln Financial Field and Gillette Stadium. The conourses are awesome and there's nothing like rabid fans, both were an amazing experience.

Basketball: MSG. Just has a "feel" to it.

Hockey: Centre Bell. I was absolutely in awe of the atmosphere and the love the Montrealians (?) have for their team. Something I haven't experienced since the Boston Garden.

Baseball:  Fenway, you don't get that feeling of architecture from inside and out anywhere else.  From the brick on the outside to the Green Monster inside.  It just has a feel to it no matter how many times I've been.  A close second to Fenway is Camden Yards.  I loved it, absolutely magnificent.  (I'm go to San Fran in June, so I'll see what SBC Park is like)

You just can't bring yourself to say it, can you?

Yankee Stadium is greater than Fenway. There truly is nothing like going to Yankee Stadium... it has that feel of a cathedral, you walk in, and the place just oozes tradition, history... you walk to your seats, and above every lower tier entrance is a photo of a world championship team, just to remind you fo the greatness that has happend on that field... monument park, which has the respect and dignity like nowhere else in sport. Yankee Stadium is an experience. Yea, these new ballparks are great to go to, and Fenway and Wrigley have enough tradition to be amonst the greatest sporting venues, stadium or arena, in history. But there can be only one. And if you've ever been to Yankee Stadium, on a beautiful, crisp, spring afternoon, you'll know why the Stadium is that one.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ive been to Yankee Stadium and Fenway and there is no comparission

Fenway on the outside looks liek a big factory, and face facts the green monster may have a storied history namly Bucky Dent, but its an eyesore.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived