MLS Expansion by 2011

They beat and tied TFC in their 2 games this season.

Not that TFC is the highest standard to be compaired to (as much as I wish they were).

I bet they could win a few games.

Montreal actually lost and tied TFC over those two games. Toronto couldn't beat Vancouver (a draw and a loss) while Montreal beat Vancouver twice. That's why the Impact is representing Canada at the CONCACAF Champions League.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that TFC is the highest standard to be compaired to (as much as I wish they were).

Montreal actually lost and tied TFC over those two games. Toronto couldn't beat Vancouver (a draw and a loss) while Montreal beat Vancouver twice. That's why the Impact is representing Canada at the CONCACAF Champions League.

I stand corrected. My mistake.

Regardless the point I was trying to make was that the Impact, and Whitecaps for that matter, hung in there with an MLS squad.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I stand corrected. My mistake.

Regardless the point I was trying to make was that the Impact, and Whitecaps for that matter, hung in there with an MLS squad.

Evidently I was mistaken. Although Vancouver has also beaten an EPL team IIRC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What team? Do you recall?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Sunderland, but that was over three years ago. Maybe there was another game after that. Vancouver beat Sunderland 3-0 in this friendly match.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Sunderland, but that was over three years ago. Maybe there was another game after that. Vancouver beat Sunderland 3-0 in this friendly match.

I think that was the Sunderland squad that set the record for EPL pts futility (at least until Derby County last season).

That's the one. I bet Sunderland was embarassed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thanks for the info guys, I didn't know that.

All I knew was that they played the LA Galaxy after Beckham's arrival and basically sold out BC place.

Archived