Dream Team vs. Who, all-time?

robnshell18

Alright, I was having this discussion with an associate of mine and we got to talking about who could compete with the '92 Dream Team. As one whose never bought into the mythology, I figured teams like the old-school Celtics or the Showtime Lakers would be tough matchups. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt the Bad Boys Pistons could not only compete with the Dream Team, I feel in a one-time-only, winner take all matchup, they might even stand a chance to beat them. I was just curious to see if anybody else out there felt the same, or if anybody else could make a case for another team to give Mike and the boys a run for their money.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Alright, I was having this discussion with an associate of mine and we got to talking about who could compete with the '92 Dream Team. As one whose never bought into the mythology, I figured teams like the old-school Celtics or the Showtime Lakers would be tough matchups. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt the Bad Boys Pistons could not only compete with the Dream Team, I feel in a one-time-only, winner take all matchup, they might even stand a chance to beat them. I was just curious to see if anybody else out there felt the same, or if anybody else could make a case for another team to give Mike and the boys a run for their money.

I'll take the '85 Lakers against anyone. Same with the '86 Celtics.

BB52Big.jpg

Please the Bad Boy Pistons were good but not that good, the Dream Team having such a deep bench is what makes them so hard to beat.

How about this the 1984 Olympic team with Jordan, Ewing and Mullin v the 1992 Olympic team without those three.

Hey, those Bad Boys had a deep bench too and they had something the Dream Team never faced--a defense. Also, the Bad Boys had beaten everybody on the Dream Team not too long before the Olympics. I feel if it's a seven-game series, it's the Dream Team in five....but in a one-game deal? I think the Bad Boys might pull it off.

The Trotters would flat out, put 'em on the floor.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

I'll take the '85 Lakers against anyone. Same with the '86 Celtics.

What about the '85 Lakers v. the '86 Celtics?

Good point. I guess I wasn't quite clear on what I meant. I'll take either of those teams against any "Dream Team" from '92 on.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived