Schaumburg Flyers Concept

scarsofthumper

So I'm a avid baseball fan, and besides the White Sox i'm a huge fan of the Schaumburg Flyers of the Northern League. After posting here and there I thought I'd make an attempt (albeit a crude attempt) at making new jerseys for them. This is what they currently have (they only use the gold, not the white):

070815_3.jpg

They use the same jerseys for home and road, and just switch from whites to grey pants for home and road. They'll also bust out a sleeveless alternate which is like this:

away_navy.jpg

I was posting on the nlfan message boards (a Northern League/American Association board) and was trying to explain the jerseys we wore against Kansas City (it was our Negro League night and even had a few Negro League players there) so I made a mockup of what our jerseys looked like:

FlyersNegroLeague.jpg

and then I got the creative bug in me. I am still gonna work on that road jersey because I am not a fan of it really, but I just thought I would make an attempt at a jersey. I also changed around the Alexian Field logo to make an ASG logo.

board.jpg

2IA3b.png

A Northern league concept? Awesome! Go Goldeyes!

As for the concept, I am glad you got rid of the pinstripes, a big improvement. The away jersey looks good as well. The alternate is an awesome way to finish the set, and thank goodness you put the sleeves back on.

All together, top notch work.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I'm actually gonna start maybe doing the other teams in the league eventually, although ours is the one that needed the most work, next to the Kansas City T-Bones (those red jerseys look like little league/softball jerseys). I do like Joliet's orange alternate, along with Gary's home jerseys.

I have been trying to research all the jerseys in the league but it's hard to find sometimes. I might work on a white FM RedHawks jersey, blue alternate Joliet Jackhammers, and sets for Winnipeg, Kansas City and Gary.

2IA3b.png

My favorite thing about the flyers...their field's dimentions are EXACTLY the same as Wrigley Fields. I always found that kinda cool. They even have the rounded corner in right center.

My favorite thing about the flyers...their field's dimentions are EXACTLY the same as Wrigley Fields. I always found that kinda cool. They even have the rounded corner in right center.

Alexian Field was modeled after Wrigley Field, actually. The village of Schaumburg purchased the land in the mid 80's as a hopeful site for a new stadium for the Cubs after the whole lighting fiasco

2IA3b.png

I was at the Goldeyes game last week against the T-Bones and i remember when the Vipers and Cracker Cats were in the NL before the move to the GBL

and i had season tickets and i was always thought the Northern League had some of the best sets of jerseys.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived