Lowell Spinners Seeking Input on New Logo

Brian in Boston

modernlogo.jpg

The Lowell Spinners of the New York-Penn League are updating their logo and they are looking for fan feedback as part of the process.

The options that they are considering are shown in the accompanying graphic. Contact Vice President/General Manager Tim Bawmann and/or Media Relations Manager Jon Boswell to make your opinion(s) known.

tbawmann@lowellspinners.com

jboswell@lowellspinners.com

This is a little off the topic of rims and R&B groups, so excuse me for a minute, but I actually like that 'S' made out of yarn that is partiallly un-wound. Kind of complicated, but I think it could become iconic as a cap logo. Carry on, men.

My favorites amongst the options shown are the two in the upper left-hand corner of the graphic. In fact, I would love to have seen a combination of the two: a Red "L", rendered in the BoSox signature font, serving as the spindle from which White thread has begun to unspool to form an "S". I think that would make for a terrific logo on a Navy Blue cap.

What? Oh come on Lowell, your logo is fine, it's Portland that needs a revamp.

Preach on, brother. The seal tails in the "S" in Sea, and the "gs" in Dogs are forced at best. Plus, none of that matches the cap, with the Sea Dog leaping out of a plain sans-serif P. At least the PawSox got clever with their P.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived