MLS Vancouver

myklandkevin

Steve Nash is part of a group that is trying to bring a MLS team to Vancouver. So I made a Logo, and kits for my team called AC Vancouver.

VAN.jpg

...and the kits.

VANk.jpg

I used the Trinidad, and Tobego Kit from the 2006 World Cup. I used EA as the sponsor, because EA is based out of Vancouver. Ive made a bunch of Soccer concepts, and I plan to post them sometime

any thoughts?

I like the use of EA as a sponsor. But I'd be willing to be that if Vancouver gets an MLS expansion team -- which is a strong possibility -- it will be named the Whitecaps.

I'm totally with you on that.

But I think these colors would be ok for the Whitecaps.

I'd like to see what this kit would look like with a green instead of black, to kinda tie into the whitecaps crest.

Otherwise, EA as the sponser works for sure!

Also I like the number on the front in the circle idea, but I think the crest is a little too low on the jersey.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

thanks for the comments guys

i didnt really think about naming the team the whitecaps.

I wanted to do something new, but i guess naming a team after an old NASL, and USL team is possible(see seattle sounders)

So based off your comments, i recoloured my jerseys, and added the aqua to the whitecaps logo

Van-2.jpg

i like them

and while looking for the whitecaps logo, i found this, http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/221037. It basicly says the MLS wants to bring up, the Whitecaps, and Montreal from the USL

any thoughts?

Well, the MLS has listed a handful of markets it considers viable candidates for the next two expansion teams. The list includes Vancouver, Montreal, Portland, St. Louis, Atlanta, another team for New York, and a few others I can't recall.

Also, much like the new incarnation of the Seattle Sounders, I would expect that an MLS version of the Whitecaps would have an entirely different crest than the one being used at the USL level.

The first thing that jumps out about these to me is the fact you've got Puma numbers on an adidas template.

The second thing is that the front of the jersey is very cluttered. I know some USL teams have a sponsor and a number on the front, but the MLS clubs that have taken on kit sponsors tend to just have the sponsor. Kansas City does have their wordmark and a number, but the wordmark is very horizontal, so I think that avoids the clutter. Here, you've got a square EA logo, a number and a circle ... just too much.

i used those numbers, because every team in the MLS uses them

No, those are the Puma numbers from around the 2006 World Cup. Granted, they look somewhat similar to what MLS uses, but it's not the same font.

Compare the 2s:

pictures_tocajuniors_flag_italy_usa_world_cup_2006_g.jpg

vs.

pMLB2-4612999dt.jpg

• 1 month later...

EA as sponsor of a Canadian Soccer Team = about time !

love that about 2 years old adidas template (with 1 side diffrentley colored) there was a nice ajax away shirt back then (black with red)

that "World Cup 2006" Puma font is one of my all time favourite ones, specially the numbers.

Archived