US Beach Vollyeball Men - No Uni Sponsor?

guest23

I was watching the US men against argentina and their uniforms looked like they were pulled off the rack at walmart...the tank tops looked like a generic basketball practice jersey with heat pressed numbers and a flag patch on the chest...the shorts were plain red with no detail...the only branding was a small logo on the right chest...one guy had a crocs logo and the other speedo...surprisingly the argentine team both had nike sets on...in the past the us wore full nike sets.

considering every other us team has an outfitter (kerri and misty are all decked out in nike) anyone know what happened here?

They're sponsored by Oakley exclusively, right?

I think oakley is eyewear only since they have a full clothing line of boardshorts and other beachwear that looks 100x better...also like I mentioned they each have an individual sponsor logo on their shirt on the right chest which is not the manufacturer of the uniform

The men's beach volleyball team does have a jersey sponsor - Crocs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The men's beach volleyball team does have a jersey sponsor - Crocs.

they aren't sponsored by crocs...one of them had a crocs logo on his tank and the other had speedo...so my assumption is that there is no uniform sponsor...anyone know how this came about...as I mentioned earlier the women are definitely outfitted by nike.

Each player has an individual sponsor from the AVP tour. Being the Olympics/FIVB event they can't have their usual number of sponsors. For example on the AVP tour Todd Rodgers wears a Red Bull hat, in the Olympics it has been a plain white hat. In the first two rounds of the Olympics Rodgers shirt was logo less.

Archived