Buffalo Bills

WideRight

The Bills are my team, as you might guess by the painful reminder that is my e-identity.

I was OK with the 90's uniforms, though they were far to similar to the NY Giants at the time.

I am OK with the retro uniforms, though the sleeve pattern is too much, especially with today's lack of sleeves.

I hate the current uniforms, particularly the white jerseys and the fact that the jersey panels and pant stripes never match.

So, here is my attempt to pull together elements I like from different periods, and create a coherent look. I created a secondary sleeve logo as well.

BILLS2010.jpg

Just some notes:

I had some trouble switching from Corel13 to Paintshop Pro (My usual technique for finalizing a jpeg) so the blue is not exactly the shade/tone I wanted.

Also at this scale it is hard to see the Navy stripes on the helmet. it should be (outer to inner): thin navy, thin royal, thick red.

That secondary is PHENOMENAL! The overall addition of the powder blue is unique...but when I see it it screams to me "Nashville Kats"...HOWEVER...I love the style of the uniform.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The powder blue/navy blue combo seems too much to me like copying the Chargers - not to mention the "double blue" of the Toronto Argonauts. (Or maybe, for obvious reasons, that's on purpose?)

That said, I do like that you brought back the white helmets. The current red ones have always bothered me because they kind of hide the red streak in the logo.

CCSLC signature.png

It's not coherent if it uses the Bears' numbers but City Bold Italic for the wordmark, and another font entirely for the wordmark under the collar (and still another for the numbers on the back of the helmet).

any reason why the numbers are the jersey slant up to the right?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i'd much prefer to see this in navy and royal blue (if you want to have 2 blues, i'll respect your concept :P) than royal and sky blue.

both blues seem too light to remind me of the buffalo bills.

OK, I think I fixed the color issue. I was originally shooting for Royal and Navy, but it came out powder and royal. I darkened it.

A comment on the numbers. I like the idea of slanted numbers, almost a NASCAR feel (speed). I don't think it is necessary for the numbers to come from the same font as the wordmark. Many NFL teams use completely different font styles for the two. The number on the back of the helmet is a generic one I use for many teams, but I certainly think it could be switched out for the curvier style from the jerseys.BILLS2010.jpg

Love that secondary. Really good idea. As for the uniforms, they'd be a whole lot better if you lost the lighter blue entirely. The Bills are dark blue, and always should be. That being said, I'd take these over the current Bills set any day(throwbacks excluded).

Archived