School Project

Conrad.

I am in my Senior year at Univ. of TN in Graphic Design, and we have the assignment to do a presentation on any graphic designer or design group. I need help from all you who have all the experience to help me pick a formidable subject. Ideally, I would like to do a Sports Designer, because I plan to enter that field after I graduate...All I can think of right now is Alex Julian, but I'm sure there are other possibilities out there I have never heard of...

I'd really appreciate any guidance with this...thanks :)

Dan Simon ? he has influenced my work more than any other sports designer in the market. Joe Bosack is a very close second.

As far as regular designers go, can't go wrong with Paul Rand, the father of American Graphic Design.

For firms, I'd go with some of the big 'uns - Ogilvy, Interbrand, Landor, Pentagram, The Brand Union.

Hope that helps.

OD_Signature.jpg

Gameplan maybe? Tom O'Grady

You may have said that in jest...but something has to be said for his level of success and position in the industry (his boorish behavior notwithstanding).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

thanks to everyone who posted some ideas...ive looked at em all, and i've chosen to do RARE design. they really have the kind of company i would love to work for, and Ben is quite the inspiration in and of himself...

does anyone know if he is still active around here? i'd like to ask him some questions, but i guess his barnes_design@hotmail.com will be the best way to contact him...?

Archived