Texas Tech Hockey

mfoster

Why not use the real Texas Tech logos. Most ACHA teams are able to do that, and in this case the double T logo or the red raider logo would work much better as teh crest or the shoulder patch. These logos don't say texas tech to me, even the academic logo doesn't look that good on the jersey as the official logos would. Second why say hockey on the back? I assume most people watching a game would now what sport the team was playing. Finally, how can the Big 12 logo be used since the Big 12 is completely unrelated to the ACHA since the ACHA is club, but Big 12 is official.

I really like the red 3rd jersey based on the old Stars 3rd, I would like to see a white version and have that as the home and way set. As for the questions that have come up on the board, could it be that there is a Big 12 conference in the ACHA? I played at the University of Washington and we were part of the ACHA West Region as well as the Pac-8 which was created by the schools (minus OSU and Arizona, hence the 8) where we would play each other and have a tourney that the top four teams played in for the Pac-8 Championship. Second, as for the logos, until my freshman year, we were not allowed to use official school logos. I was able to mock up some jerseys with the proper W and we were approved to use the school marks, but it took the coaching staff a year from when they got there to be able to do so. As for the name, we are supposed to say things like "The Ice Hockey Team at the University of Washington" instead of the University of Washington Ice Hockey Team, etc. It seems to me like this could be a case of something similar. As for the program, I've heard good things about it for being an ACHA program, they imported the Hansen Brothers and were set to $1 or $2 beer nights against Texas in front of a sold barn of 3,000+ each night before Texas bailed right before game time due to some problems they had with officiating, IIRC.

SEAsig.png

As for the questions that have come up on the board, could it be that there is a Big 12 conference in the ACHA? I played at the University of Washington and we were part of the ACHA West Region as well as the Pac-8 which was created by the schools (minus OSU and Arizona, hence the 8) where we would play each other and have a tourney that the top four teams played in for the Pac-8 Championship. Second, as for the logos, until my freshman year, we were not allowed to use official school logos. I was able to mock up some jerseys with the proper W and we were approved to use the school marks, but it took the coaching staff a year from when they got there to be able to do so. As for the name, we are supposed to say things like "The Ice Hockey Team at the University of Washington" instead of the University of Washington Ice Hockey Team, etc. It seems to me like this could be a case of something similar. As for the program, I've heard good things about it for being an ACHA program, they imported the Hansen Brothers and were set to $1 or $2 beer nights against Texas in front of a sold barn of 3,000+ each night before Texas bailed right before game time due to some problems they had with officiating, IIRC.

There is not a formal B12 conference in ACHA, but most of the schools have programs. For one thing, only Oklahoma and Iowa State are D1 ACHA, while the rest are D2, and some marginally that. Iowas State and Oklahoma do play some of the other D2 teams in the B12 on occassion, but the results usually aren't pretty.

Tech is trying to run their team as though the Cotton Kings never left, hence the promotions. The support hasn't followed, however.

Tech and Oklahoma will play at the American Airlines Center in Dallas following the Stars-Habs game in March. I know Oklahoma has expressed interest in hosting the ACHA D1 nationals in the near future, possibly hosting them at the Dr Pepper StarCenter in Frisco (most OU players come from DFW). However, it remains to be seen whether the other ACHA teams are willing to "travel" for a tournament that for once is actually organized and presented worth a :censored:.

Hmmmm...Texas Tech Hockey...

[bristles at an apparent geocentric innuendo]

Try not to sound as though it's an odd thing. There's been hockey in this part of the country (Oklahoma/Texas) since the 20's. Oklahoma's head coach just stepped down so that he could spend more time following his son, who's starting his second season in Cedar Rapids, is committed to Denver for '09, and was a 4th round selection of the Islanders this summer.

[/geocentric defense mechanism]

Archived