Georgia: Blackout vs. Alabama

Drew22

USC deserves to be 1, just because of the dismantling of OSU.

No disrespect to Southern Cal, but when did beating OSU become a pre-requisite for being a good team? To the rest of the nation, Ohio State is pretty much a joke when it comes to playing against quality opponents (esp the SEC)...always getting pumped up by the media only to choke when it really is on the line. Did really anyone besides the Buckeye fanbase expect a win in that game? Or think they deserve the ranking they had?

Didn't you read in the BCS bylaws that anytime you beat Ohio State you automatically become #1, because even if Ohio State is 0-12 they are automatically playing in the BCS Championship game. Heck, it's happened how many Januarys? :P

Seems to echo a sentiment I spoke of over in the 2008 College Football thread in the "Sports in General" Forum.

EDIT: And here it is.

The fact that Illinois is in the top 25 surprises me.

1.They lost to Mizzou.

2.They beat Eastern Illinois.

3.They squeezed past UL Lafayette.

4.BYE

I don't think that's top 25 quality.

Compare that to another Big 10 team that is currently in the top 25:

1. Beat Youngstown St.

2. Squeezed past Ohio

3. Got mollywocked by USC

4. Squeezed past Troy

So I guess Illinois IS top 25 quality :P

Come on now...by virtue of the scarlet and gray/silver alone they're virtually guaranteed a spot in the top 25...right along with USC--who, up until this year, seemed to be two of only three teams in my recent memory who get "grandfathered" into the top 25 by virtue of who they are. (The third? Michigan.)

Besides...do any of you really wanna see a pouty-faced Kirk Herbstreit on College GameDay???

(The original point TFoA made remains, though. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well it won't happen but Bama needs to counter act the Black out with there own white out. Bring back the white helmets.

Our high school, Etowah is playing our rivals from down the street Woodstock. Woodstock decided to do a blackout, even though it isn't one of there colors. So Etowah is countering with a whiteout. It should look good. Even the team is wearing all white.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

i still cant get over the fact you are at Etowah, big forum, big coincidence..since im from Marietta.

as for blackouts and whiteouts.

georgia was the first team to have every fan don black, usually only the students buy in

and penn state is the only team to have every fan don white, and does an "out" better than anyone in the country.

temp.png

i still cant get over the fact you are at Etowah, big forum, big coincidence..since im from Marietta.

as for blackouts and whiteouts.

georgia was the first team to have every fan don black, usually only the students buy in

and penn state is the only team to have every fan don white, and does an "out" better than anyone in the country.

What high school did/do you go to? I live in Marietta as well, right near Merchants Walk.

Mark Richt note to self: burn those *%(#(@ black jerseys!

Today on a local sports radio station there was some guy defending Georgia, quoting stats and saying it wasn't nearly as lopsided as the score, "sometimes the ball just bounces the other guy's way." All I know is 31-0 at halftime is a LOT of bad bounces. The Dawgs got the crap kicked out of them, might as well just man up and admit it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yeah. We just didn't show up to play defense in the first half. We lost, but should still be ahead of USC.

Agreed. USC got beat by an Oregon State team that, even though USC has had recent problems with, should've easily dispatched. UGA still got back into that game, even with them spotting the Tide 31 points. Nobody's gonna notice that UGA outscored Bama 30-10 in the second half, and judging by the polls, pretty much everybody sent in their polls after halftime.

Oh well.

umm...we have been doing blackouts at South Carolina for years. not that they have been a successful scheme for us, but we have done it in some of the big games- most notoriously against Florida in 2001.

Archived