Georgia: Blackout vs. Alabama

Drew22

It'll be interesting to see how the Dawgs do against some real competition. Alabama looks tough this year and if Georgia plays like they did at South Carolina, they're done. It amused me to read in the Atlanta paper about how Georgia demolished Arizona State. Um, 27-10? From reading the articles you'd have thought they won 55-3.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It'll be interesting to see how the Dawgs do against some real competition. Alabama looks tough this year and if Georgia plays like they did at South Carolina, they're done. It amused me to read in the Atlanta paper about how Georgia demolished Arizona State. Um, 27-10? From reading the articles you'd have thought they won 55-3.

That's Georgia in a nutshell. They were whining about not getting the chance to play in the national championship game last year when they couldn't even qualify to play in the conference championship game. And the SEC formula is a lot more cut and dried than the BCS.

I was a 'Bama fan before I started attending at LSU, and in a sense, I guess I still am, as long as they're not playing us. Should be a great matchup this weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing the black jerseys again, I thought Georgia pulled off the look extremely well. A lot of us NC State people were hoping maybe Adidas could throw something like that at us one night, but we'll wait on that one.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

That's Georgia in a nutshell. They were whining about not getting the chance to play in the national championship game last year when they couldn't even qualify to play in the conference championship game. And the SEC formula is a lot more cut and dried than the BCS.

Yeah, when there's an uproar because their running back hurdled some guy and it didn't make SportsCenter, you can tell their priorities are a shade out whack. :wacko:

For those unfamiliar, Dawg Nation was outraged that this play was somehow overlooked by ESPN. Oh the humanity! Now had he gone on to score, maybe they'd have a point, but come on, it's not like the last time that happened was during the Eisenhower administration. In fact, it just happened during the NFL preseason, and against NFL competition as opposed to Central Michigan. Reggie got more air too. B)

we did woop them...

461 yards to 212 for AZ State. And AZ State had 4 yards rushing on 19 carries. Georgia took a knee on the AZ State 1 yard line with 35 seconds to go, so the score could have been 34-10...

in which case, all of the ignorant and annoying style point advocates out there would have bought into the Dawgs "destroying" claim.

The game wasnt even close.

temp.png

we did woop them...

461 yards to 212 for AZ State. And AZ State had 4 yards rushing on 19 carries. Georgia took a knee on the AZ State 1 yard line with 35 seconds to go, so the score could have been 34-10...

in which case, all of the ignorant and annoying style point advocates out there would have bought into the Dawgs "destroying" claim.

Do you think they should still be ranked #1? Tell you what, let's see how they do with the likes of Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Auburn, then we'll know for sure what Georgia's made of. If they're still standing, they'll have earned it.

Well it won't happen but Bama needs to counter act the Black out with there own white out. Bring back the white helmets.

At first glance, I was thinking "White helmets? Isn't that sacrilege? When did this happen before?"

Turns out, it did. I'm surprised I haven't heard of a riot happening because of it.

But to get on topic, cool. Any excuse to see UGA bust out the black jerseys is a good one. Like drew said, not as cool as last year's switcheroo, but still cool nonetheless. One of the rare instances in which a black alternate actually fits in with the design of the team (which I thought we were supposed to be talking about in this section, anyway. :P)

we did woop them...

Do you think they should still be ranked #1? Tell you what, let's see how they do with the likes of Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Auburn, then we'll know for sure what Georgia's made of. If they're still standing, they'll have earned it.

Honestly, I would have ranked LSU #1, as they ended last year #1. Let the defending champs defend their title/ranking from the get-go. I'm also of the belief that you shouldn't fall in the rankings if you don't lose.

I'm not concerned about UGA being ranked #3, because the meat of their schedule will ultimately boost UGA's appeal.

As for the Arizona State game, it was not close. UGA went almost 2,000 miles to a play a team that was looking to make a statement about themselves, and dominated the game.

we did woop them...

Georgia does not deserve to be #1. And I think they are about neck-and-neck with Oklahoma for #2. USC deserves to be 1, just because of the dismantling of OSU.

OK, I watched the entire UGA - ASU game, and I can tell you right now it was a pretty dominant performance. I'll echo what GD08 said about the end of the game, they stopped trying. But, ASU has an explosive offense, and Carpenter did nothing. Also I'm not sure what the turnover ratio was, but I think UGA made about 3 turnovers. I thought it was quite a show, although the score might not show it.

What I think Georgia should do (and I'm not at all a fan of the black jerseys), is if you want a black out, then you go black head to toe, helmet, jersey, pants, socks and shoes. That's a black out. Black jerseys, just call it what it is, money grab! I do foresee them losing and it ain't going to be pretty. To beat ASU is like well, beating Purdue, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Arkansas or South Carolina. You just sit there and go, "Uh huh. Your point is what?" ASU is one of these perennial schools that gets so much pub, but always falls flat on it's face.

USC deserves to be 1, just because of the dismantling of OSU.

No disrespect to Southern Cal, but when did beating OSU become a pre-requisite for being a good team? To the rest of the nation, Ohio State is pretty much a joke when it comes to playing against quality opponents (esp the SEC)...always getting pumped up by the media only to choke when it really is on the line. Did really anyone besides the Buckeye fanbase expect a win in that game? Or think they deserve the ranking they had?

so any writers are saying the blackout is dumb because we all know its coming this time. Duh!! Those people are dumb. We arent gonna be trying to suprise the fans again geez! how is that possible!!! Its just so cool to see 92,000 ppl wearing black!! and if you werent there last year, EVERY SINGLE PERSON WEARS BLACK, IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

and good point made up there, Georgia actually has black in their color scheme...its a great alternate. L'Ville, FSU, Rutgers, etc....they are kinda pushing it with their black sets.

temp.png

USC deserves to be 1, just because of the dismantling of OSU.

No disrespect to Southern Cal, but when did beating OSU become a pre-requisite for being a good team? To the rest of the nation, Ohio State is pretty much a joke when it comes to playing against quality opponents (esp the SEC)...always getting pumped up by the media only to choke when it really is on the line. Did really anyone besides the Buckeye fanbase expect a win in that game? Or think they deserve the ranking they had?

Didn't you read in the BCS bylaws that anytime you beat Ohio State you automatically become #1, because even if Ohio State is 0-12 they are automatically playing in the BCS Championship game. Heck, it's happened how many Januarys? :P

Archived