New World's Tallest Building

the_cynic

I know this is a logo board but this is still a cool fact! FYI

Recently the uppermost and final spire segment was raised into place on Taipei 101 in Taipei, Taiwan. At 509.2 meters (1,671 ft), the 101-storey tower now officially holds the world's tallest building title previously held by Petronas Tower 1 and Petronas Tower 2. The Sears Tower still holds the title of the world's tallest building to the tip of the antenna at 527 meters (1729 ft). Taipei 101 now also holds the highest roof (449 m - 1473 ft) and highest occupied floor (439 m - 1440 ft) titles.

taipei101-1.jpgtaipei101-2.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well anyone who has studied their cultures would know that design is a popular one at that. It is kind of funny though! I kidd you not though, if you were to see this building up close you would say holy sh**.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

excellent, BiB!! haha! It absolutely does...

Thats funny as hell. You'd think with a funny comment like that, you were a comedian. Oh.. wait..

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The Jin Mao Tower in Shanghai is also quite an amazing feat. It stands at 421m (1,380 ft) and 88 floors. It also has some resemblance to a Chinese or Oriental foods.

jin_mao_tower-1.jpgjin_mao_tower-2.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

No offense intended, but how ironic is it that this Taipei-based building resembles a tower of Chinese take-out containers?

Brian in Boston

Maybe that's how they came up with teh idea they saw a stack of those containers and came up with the plan.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well heck, if we're talking about towers why don't we don't about the Petronius Compliant Tower that rises to 640.08m (2100 ft).

cn_tower_comparison.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

I heard that when the New World Trade Center is built it would pass the be the Tallest Building in the world a 1776 feet.

Also, if we are going to use meters also include the feet. I don't feel like trying figure out how to convert the stuff to feet. :D:D

Yes, when it is finally built it will be the tallest but you also have to realize that there's a constant battle in Asia to build the tallest building. Even if and when the new WTC is built it won't be the tallest for long. You also have to know that the world uses meters, feet is more of a North American thing. I also put the feet in parenthesis, where have you been reading?

Retired Number's To Come

F*** the Metric System!!!

Classic American response. I'm sorry but the metric system (correct system) isn't going away.

I noticed you put feet in the (), it's just that you forgeot to put it in the original post and other people have not put it in.

I edited the original post just for your benefit!

Retired Number's To Come

Also, if we are going to use meters also include the feet. I don't feel like trying figure out how to convert the stuff to feet.

You poor thing!

Why is it okay if I have to convert everything from feet to metres, but not you? Why whenever I make a post regarding the weather I gotta put (F) in brackets for you, would you put it in Celcius for us? Of course not. The list goes on.

Unbelieveable

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If you want an accurate conversion from meters to feet, take the meters and multiple them by 3.28083989501. Honestly, I think it's just good to learn and get the feel for both of them. If you need anymore conversion calculations jkrdevil just let me know.

Retired Number's To Come

Wow, I was just joking to begin with. Sorry, I forgot to smiles to let you know. I don't care, in fact when I had posted I had already looked up the conversions.

The smilies would've made a world of difference... the internet sucks for that kinda thing. (although your next reply didnt make it sound like a joke)

So... sorry for my rudeness.

---

Chris Creamer

Anyways, back on topic...

As a skyscraper fan, I've been looking forward to the completion of this building for some time, it looks a lot nicer than it did in its renderings (kudos to Asia for their skyscraper styles).

Someone posted that building comparing to the CN Tower... 95% of that building is underwater, I wouldn't consider that as being free standing (the water is an excellent support).

The World Trade Centre in New York will top this one when built, however there is a building twice as tall as the CN Tower being built in Austrailia (a kilometre high... incredible)

---

Chris Creamer

Archived