1976 Buccaneers jersey question

seahawk9

If anyone saw "Lost Treasures" featuring "the Birth of the Bucs" on the NFL Network it shows their backup QB Parnell Dickinson holding, what he says, is his original orange jersey from 1976. Not sure if that is a correct statement as I believe it is a reproduction jersey. The camera pans the jersey extremly close and noticed the numbers are sewn on. In 1976, their white road jerseys were mesh with screened numbers so naturally the orange jerseys were probably made the same way. The Buccaneers never worn the orange jerseys that season, only in pre-season, wearing whites on the road and at home. Also noticed the light Florida orange jersey he is holding looks "darker" than what was the colors of the orange numbers and sleeve stripes that year.

If that's the special I'm thinking of, not only did that jersey have sewn numbers, it also had an NFL shield at the neck.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived