White Royals Hat

Pharos04

Hey guys I was at a thrift store the other day and noticed a random Kansas City Royals hat. It's one of the White ones with a blue brim and blue "KC" on the front. I think it even had one of those snap-backs to it. I know they wore it for a little bit back in, what the 90s? Just curious as to opinions here and whatnot about if it's something worth purchasing or hell even if a fan of these would want me to get it for them. Again just looking for thoughts and ideas. Here's a picture

1224097296.jpg

The Royals had a gray hat with a blue brim in the mid 90's, but to my knowledge, they didn't have a white one.

I remember seeing a white Royals hat, but it was a mesh BP hat and I think had the Royals script on it instead of the KC logo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I actually own one of these. I bought it in Kansas City in 1994. Well, it's kind of an off-white, almost cream color actually. I remember seeing a couple baseball cards with a cream colored hat like that and thinking hey, they did wear that! I'll try to find a picture...

EDIT: Upon searching the Getty archives, I probably just saw a picture of the Royals in their alternate blues and the light made the hat look more white...

Those were gray, too. I am 99% certain the Royals never wore a white cap.

royals.jpg

That BP cap was in fact white. The only game caps they've used have been the all blue, gray/blue and black/blue. They've never used a white cap during a game. Regular season that is. The white bp caps were used during Spring Training, but I don't count that.

Archived