Iowa Oaks

RoughRiders9

Very nice concept right there. Nothing too over the top and a shout-out to the old Iowa Oaks. If the Cubs/I-Cubs ever split ties with each other (which I hope will never happen), a return to the Oaks and a uniform like this would be great for the club.

No they shouldn't. Teams that are regional powers should apply their names to their affiliates so as to reinforce the connections between farm territories and the major league markets: Mississippi Braves, Gwinnett Braves, Pawtucket Red Sox, Springfield Cardinals, Iowa Cubs. It's great. There's a place in the minors for unique local identities, and there's a place for copycats. Iowa is a place for copycats. Boy, there's a tourism slogan.

In and of itself, the concept is good, though. Dynamite move to put the oak leaf inside the O. It's a good oak leaf, too; you see it and go "oh, that's oak!" Not sold on the colors. I feel like an Iowa team should be barn red, corn yellow, and grass green.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
I just made an alternate logo, an "O" with an oak leaf sticking out of the "O"

What do you think?

Alt-Logo.png

feedbacks? C+C?

I like the alternate, and one suggestion on the powder jersey, see what making the back of the cap blue does, like the Expos and Jays did, not having powder in those caps. That good for ya?

6fQjS3M.png

I just made an alternate logo, an "O" with an oak leaf sticking out of the "O"

What do you think?

Alt-Logo.png

I like this alt logo quite a bit. About the only thing I don't like is how the 'stem' part of the leaf just tapers off to a point. Perhaps make it look a little more stemmy? (That's not a word.)

Archived