Slightly Ot: Graphic Programs

I know this might be kind of old, but I could not find any other questions on this. I am extremely sorry if I missed one; My question is what graphic programs do you use to make these logo concepts? The most "advanced" (if you want to call it that) program I have on my PC is Paint :shocked: I am looking into buying one for personal use and want one that has a respectable reputation. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance

The Lion has spoken (or should it be "The Lion has asked"?) :D

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I use both Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw....

My personal choice after using both for many years is CorelDraw its easier to use and faster steps to doing stuff, way quicker for vector drawings. However PhotoShop is better than PhotoPaint so if working with pictures and Bitmaps Illustrator is better. Corel is a lot cheaper as well. I would say 80% of my work is done on Corel now.

Thats my $0.02

My preference is Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I was able to purchase the entire Adobe Creative Suite through Acadmicsuperstor.com for $400. It is all the same programs, you just don't get some clip art and a few other freebies, but the programs are all the same as buying them retail. You just have to be a student or know a student to buy it for you.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I use Paintshop Pro from jasc.com. It's an inexpensive alternative to the adobe programs. In fact, I have copies of Photoshop and Illustrator as part of teaching digital editing, but I'm so comfortable with PSP, I haven't even installed them yet.

A neat vector-based draw program, very similar to Corel or the old Mac Draw programs, is resident in most later (98 Windows +) versions of basic Microsoft programs Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Simply tap on the View button in the upper menu, then click on Toolbars. A list of toolbars will pop up. One is "Drawing". Click on that, and you'll get a neat little menu that pops up at the bottom of the page.

The program is pretty advanced, with a full menu of shapes, draw features, custom color selection, layering, grouping, flipping, rotation, snapping to grid, shading, etc. You can edit points on a line you drew and shape them with bezier curves. You can import and resize/alter existing drawing files (existing logos, for instance).

I prefer using this program under Powerpoint as the basic start-up program, mainly because the whole page (and even off the page) is a canvas. MS Word wants to keep you in the margins. Plus, Powerpoint has a feature that allows you to save your drawing ( "slide" in Powerpoint parlance) as a picture file: .jpg, .tif, .bmp, .gif, etc.

See if you have it available. I'ver had a lot of fun with mine. A lot of people don't know about it.

^_^

It is what it is.

I've done the above with Publisher--also a Microsoft product--but it's not as good as I'd like, and it saves a bit funny. But used with Paint it's better--I did use PSP to clean up some things recently--a friend had a trial demo. I saw it on slae the oother day for $60 (PSP that is) I may get it--but at this point this is more a hobby--so I may just stick with what I have--or can do on someone else's computer.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived