Logo Identification Help

VC//

Every time I visit hockeydb.com (they have a new logo as well now) for their team logo's archive, they have this logo that I still can't find a larger image of because I just don't know which team it is.

Here's the image:

pic9.gif

Thanks in advance!

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Who can identify the history of the LA Lakers primary logo? At the Chriscreamer.com you can find the logo was unveiled in 1991 which is surely ? wrong. As I can recall, this logo was used in the Jabbar ? Magic era and that means far before 1991. Wikipedia says it took place in 1970 which is more likely (NBA.com informs the logo was created in 1964). The similar logo was used in the late 1960's and early 1970's (according to Wikipedia from 1967 until 1970). But I wonder what was the first primary logo in the early 1960's.

At the NBA.com they placed the original Minneapolis Lakers logo and the current LAL logo, but they used just the old «Los Angeles» script incorrectly considering it as a primary logo.

The only thing I came across was the old NBA fleer card. Every card had the official team logo printed at the upper left corner above the player picture. Under the Laker name there was a logo representing a giraffe coming out of a basket-ball. The ball was red colored, giraffe was yellow and black which is not quite «synchronized» with the uniform colors ? white, blue and skyblue. But, I suppose it was the official logo and would like someone to confirm it and put it on the web.

"Giraffe" logo (1961)

e2ab_1.JPG

1965/66 logo

e4c5_1.JPG

unknown date

MGOldLakersLogo.PNG

MGOldLakersLogo2.PNG

Lakers_older_logo.PNG

1960's script (not primary logo)

5539.gif

Archived