The American Frontier Athletic Conference

Riot!

So Chickenfish?s thread ?College Sports Project? sparked this idea of mine, the American Frontier Athletic Conference. The AFAC formed in 1983. It is a premier collegiate athletic conference in the NCAA Division 3 athletic division. The AFAC has colleges and universities in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and Nebraska. In 1983 the AFAC formed with four original members; University of Oshkosh-Nebraska Prairie Dogs, Broken Arrow College Warriors, University of Aspen Falcons, and Amarillo State University Armadillos. Since then we have added eight additional members, with the University of Walla Walla Eagles and St. Isaac University Crusaders joining in 1985. With the Hemmington University Grizzlies, and Columbia Falls College Hornets joining in 1994, and the UT-Laredo Leaping Frogs and Santé Fe International University Scorpions joining in 1998. And the last two members to join the AFAC were the University of Cedar City Hedgehogs, and the University of San Jacinto Chiefs joining in 2005. The AFAC is divided into two divisions: The North and the South. The North division has University of Oshkosh-Nebraska, University of Aspen, University of Walla Walla, Hemmington University, Columbia Falls College, and St. Isaac University. The South division has Amarillo State University, UT-Laredo, Broken Arrow College, University of Cedar City, Santé Fe International University, and the University of San Jacinto. The AFAC participates in a number of sports: Football, Men?s and Women?s Basketball, Baseball, Women?s volleyball, Men?s and Women?s Hockey, Men?s and Women?s Lacrosse, Men and Women?s Soccer, and Softball. I?ll do a uniform for each team and each sport. As of now I will start you off with the School information and logo sheet.

Starting with the North:

School Name: University of Aspen

Nickname: Falcons

City: Aspen, CO

Logos

School Name: University of Walla Walla

Nickname: Eagles

City: Walla Walla, WA

Logos

School Name: University of Oshkosh-Nebraska (or UON)

Nickname: Prairie Dogs

City: Omaha, NE

Logos

School Name: St. Isaac University

Nickname: Crusaders

City: Casper, WY

Logos

School Name: Columbia Falls College

Nickname: Hornets

City: Columbia Falls, MT

Logos

School Name: Hemmington University

Nickname: Grizzlies

City: Soda Springs, ID

Logos

I took your guys' advice, especially gordies. I chaged some logos around and changed Missoula State to Columbia Falls College.

And here's the South

School Name: Broken Arrow College

Nickname: Warriors

City: Broken Arrow, OK

Logos

School Name: University of San Jacinto

Nickname: Chiefs

City: San Jacinto, NE

Logos

School Name: Amarillo State University

Nickname: Armadillos (or "Dillas")

City: Amarillo, TX

Logos

School Name: Caineville College

Nickname: Hedgehogs

City: Caineville, UT

Logos

School Name: Sante Fe International University

Nickname: Scorpions

City: Sante Fe, NM

Logos

School Name: University of Texas-Laredo (or UT-Laredo)

Nickname: Leaping Frogs

City: Laredo, TX

Logos

There's a team in my hockey league that uses the Ballard Beavers logo(your Prairie Dogs logo).

I think if you actually went through and created logos for each, rather than piecing them together, it'd be more successful. For most of the schools, the logos you have here don't really go well together at all. And, uh, definitely change that Grizzlies wordmark.

Archived