Griffey Possibly Returning To Seattle

the_cynic

Check this out? This is one of the coolest things I've heard in a while.

Link

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

No doubt, Griffey just looks best in a Mariners uniform. Unlike A-Rod, Griffey is a Seattle man and he put that team on the map. I can only hope the Mariners decide to go through with this but I can also understand why they wouldn't. He has to have 5 more guaranteed years and he's 34 with the past 3 years being full of injuries. This is quite a gamble for the Mariners.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

There is an article in the AJC saying how the Braves should pony up, get him, move andrew to right, and chipper to 3rd.

I'd like that. Get him back on track, and re-take the all-time HR lead from Bonds in a couple years. Get the record holder back with the Braves!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I don't know if Griffey is really capable of surpassing Aaron and Bonds at this point. Griffey is my all-time favorite player but I have to be faced with the reality of the situation.

Retired Number's To Come

Sure. Not at his current performance, meaning, last three years.. but i think phisically and skill-wise, he COULD.

If he got healthy, and with a good lineup around him... he could get back on track, people act like he is washed up, and the guy is 34. He's got years to get back on it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It is baseball, careers can last far longer then other sports. Especially with the DH, which I think his position would be if he went to the AL.

You're talking about a player who's won a ton of Golden Glove awards at his position and you think he'd play DH? I can see how anyone would think he could play a small period of time at the DH but Griffey is a natural center fielder.

Retired Number's To Come

Of course, but injury concerns are the main problem with Ken.  And the least injury prone position is......DH.

I'm not Peter Gammons or anything, but that's what I'd do.

For the time being of course.

Retired Number's To Come

Man I'd like to see that happen. I still have my self customized (somewhat crude, but not all that bad looking) Mariners' Griffey sleeveless jersey. I was a big Junior fan... still am, when he's healthy.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived