Greek National Hockey Team

siegel0572

There are lots of hockey concepts on this site and most are of NHL teams, but I have seen a few international teams done. So for my first try at a hockey uniform I decided to go off the beaten path and do a concept for the Greek National hockey team. Now before I get a lot of messages, YES there is a Greek National hockey team. They play in Division 3 of the IIHF and, in fact will be playing in the World Championships next March. Where, if they do well will be moving up to Division 2 (one step below the USA, Canada, etc.). Their current uniforms are IMO somewhat plain. They only have 2 stripes on their sleeves. They do use black as a trim color on their logos so I decided to use it in their striping in my concept. The one thing they do that I think is differnet so I kept it in my concept is they wear white helmets and socks for both home and road uniforms. The player model I used is Dimitiris Kalyvas who is the team captain and also one of the top players in Greece. He is also the captain for the top league team Aventas in Athens. Coments will be appreciated.

GreeceHomeUniform.jpg

GreeceRoadUniform.jpg

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

i really like this, but save in .PNG your work will come out alot cleaner. also did you mean to put the "C" on the left, because ushally the "C" is on the right.

But i also have to say that i am not a big fan of the white helmet and socks for both unis, it is a cool idea but i just dont think it work well with this concept.

And did you make that logo or is that the one they already use?

great work and keep it up

Definitely not his logo (just Google Image: "Greek Hockey"...

Why Black? The Lightning can barely pull off the Blue & Black...

Nothing special, unlike a lot of people, I don't feel the need to see stripes at the bottom of the body.

A friend of mine bought some novelty Grrek jesrsey on ebay once that was wicked, nuch better that the official one they're wearing.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i really like this, but save in .PNG your work will come out alot cleaner. also did you mean to put the "C" on the left, because ushally the "C" is on the right.

But i also have to say that i am not a big fan of the white helmet and socks for both unis, it is a cool idea but i just dont think it work well with this concept.

And did you make that logo or is that the one they already use?

great work and keep it up

The logo is the national team logo from 2008. I like their new one much better but I figured this one would be easier to color in for my first try. Also the C is on the right because the Greek crest logo always goes on the left. On their actual jerseys the C is below the crest but I felt it looked to crowded.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived