Campaign to change Crew's Badge

Krona

To be honest, the new concepts don't seem to have much impact. The elements seem to all be floating as separate items with any cohesiveness. Like someone else had said, the main element (blue-collar worker) looks like copy and pasted clip art.

That being said; I think that the name should be kept, but a new badge should play on the roots of the city of Columbus. Like many of the established teams in Europe, the team's badge is usually associated with team. Here's some examples of logos with the city's coat of arms:

Now with Columbus, I think there's an opportunity to classify "Crew" as the crew of a ship (specifically, Columbus's ship) as shown in the Columbus coat of arms.

columbusarms.jpg

I smell a concept coming

Let's see...Stars, Stripes, Eagle, and a Ship.....I think someone beat Rampart to it already:

Mcfc.png

Just change the M to C and you have the Crews new logo.

:D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might not matter to anyone at all, but I thought I'd bring up something here that's been bugging me about the Crew for a while. And, I'll also be violating my own little fascist rule about divulging Pantone colors in the process. But, there is an issue with the official Crew Yellow that the team needs to sort out, and I'm here to help (!).

In a lot of the official logo files/logosheets the Crew Yellow is depicted as being 'PANTONE 012 C". There are two things wrong with this, the first being the color name - it's supposed to read "PANTONE Yellow 012 C". The second problem is that this ISN'T the correct color. Officially, the Crew uses PANTONE 110 C. I have a number of official logosheets (from Logos on Demand and the MLS) that state it this way, and even the Robison-Anton and Madiera thread equivalents match to this color. AND, if you study these official vector files, the swatches that are used in the file are identified as "PANTONE 012 C", but the CMYK values for this color actually match an older process simulation for "PANTONE 110 C". In addition, the team's front office told me years ago that it was 110 C.

These two colors are very different:

PMS_110_C_SRGB.jpgPMS_Yellow012_C_SRGB.jpg

What I'll also say is that it appears that a lot of the on-field apparel might be matching to the Yellow 012. I think something has gotten screwed up over the years; maybe - at the very least - the Crew could finally get this mess sorted out.

Let's see...Stars, Stripes, Eagle, and a Ship.....I think someone beat Rampart to it already:

Mcfc.png

You're right - it DOES work!:

mancity.gif

What's even better is how well it works the other way:

colum.gif

Mcfc.png

You're right - it DOES work!:

mancity.gif

What's even better is how well it works the other way:

colum.gif

HA HA HA HA!

:notworthy:

That's awesome!

Did you use the same eagle head because yours looks more detailed?

Archived