Campaign to change Crew's Badge

Krona

Am I the only one who says KEEP THE LOGO AS IS?

But then, if they want to change it, then let 'em change it. But they better not be complaining to me when they don't win any more MLS Cups...

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='BallWonk' date='Monday, December 8th, 2008 - 18:48:24' post='1071700'

Personally, I think the chief charm of the Crew crest is that it combines portraits of Henry Rollins, Roland Gift from Fine Young Cannibals, and Robert De Niro, all in hard hats. How can you not love that? It's like the poster from a great movie that never got made, a heist movie involving punk metal and organized labor and the mob and the British third-wave ska scene. Kind of like a gritty, industrial "Ocean's 11," only they never made the movie but instead used leftover marketing stuff for a soccer team.

At first I thought that was pretty cool...I figured those three guys must have some Columbus roots. However, I don't think any of them do unless Wikipedia has lied to me...and we all know Wikipedia never lies. Whats the connection between the three of them and Columbus?

At first I thought that was pretty cool...I figured those three guys must have some Columbus roots. However, I don't think any of them do unless Wikipedia has lied to me...and we all know Wikipedia never lies. Whats the connection between the three of them and Columbus?

there is no connection. It was funny because the three guys in the logo resemble the three guys he mentioned.

If the Crew want to improve their logo they could do as little as picking a font other than Copperplate or as much as modernizing the "crew" and update it to remove the extra wrinkles and lines. I really like it as is and I really like the idea someone had to incorporate 1996 somewhere into the logo.

question, now that they won the MLS cup will there be a star placed above the logo or does that not happen in the MLS?

PvO6ZWJ.png

there is no connection. It was funny because the three guys in the logo resemble the three guys he mentioned.

If the Crew want to improve their logo they could do as little as picking a font other than Copperplate or as much as modernizing the "crew" and update it to remove the extra wrinkles and lines. I really like it as is and I really like the idea someone had to incorporate 1996 somewhere into the logo.

question, now that they won the MLS cup will there be a star placed above the logo or does that not happen in the MLS?

Unless you're the Chicago Fire, D.C. United, or Kansas City Wizards, that does happen in MLS.

bYhYmxh.png

But then, if they want to change it, then let 'em change it. But they better not be complaining to me when they don't win any more MLS Cups...

All I mind myself is the "THE" on the top...that, and the uber-bland uniforms. I've long detested that all-piss kit, it has no character at all. Now these...

crewkhumalo.jpgcrewdoctor.jpg

...THESE were pretty damn distinctive.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Unless you're the Chicago Fire, D.C. United, or Kansas City Wizards, that does happen in MLS.

Really? I thought United did add a star for each championship, although to be honest I haven't really paid attention since their third championship, when they had three gold stars, and so maybe that was just a coincidence.

20082614447.png

Really? I thought United did add a star for each championship, although to be honest I haven't really paid attention since their third championship, when they had three gold stars, and so maybe that was just a coincidence.

They added it to the jersey. Maybe they did not add it to the official logo.

137967009_693820d686_o.jpg

I'm with you. The Crew have been my favorite team from the very beginning. Got to see a couple games as well. I say, keep with the logo they have now. Classic logo!

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

I dont know if i like all three of the same guy. the first version isnt bad, since the back two are a bit faded out, but the length bothers me as well. i dont really care for any beefcake imagery at all.

Maybe they could replace the two construction guys in the back with a police officer and a Native American chief. If they were really ambitious, they could also add a cowboy, a biker, and a military man. Now that's a Crew!

112323662_9cc1078f67.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

They added it to the jersey. Maybe they did not add it to the official logo.

They won't add the championship star until the 2010 season. The first honor is having the MLS Scudetto on the left side of the jersey.

I dont know if i like all three of the same guy. the first version isnt bad, since the back two are a bit faded out, but the length bothers me as well. i dont really care for any beefcake imagery at all.

Maybe they could replace the two construction guys in the back with a police officer and a Native American chief. If they were really ambitious, they could also add a cowboy, a biker, and a military man. Now that's a Crew!

112323662_9cc1078f67.jpg

It's fun to root for the C-R-E-W, it's fun to root for the C-R-E-W...

bYhYmxh.png

I'm sorry...but the Crew have won an MLS Cup with their look now...So, it should be their badge for the forseeable future.

Who's with me?

I disagree with that sentiment. Winning championships does not make an inferior logo/identity better.

On topic, the Crew's crest could be improved, but the offered one, isn't definitively superior. Gordie's variation is better and I'd support a change to that since it is definitively superior to both alternatives, in my opinion.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I'm sorry...but the Crew have won an MLS Cup with their look now...So, it should be their badge for the forseeable future.

Who's with me?

I disagree with that sentiment. Winning championships does not make an inferior logo/identity better.

On topic, the Crew's crest could be improved, but the offered one, isn't definitively superior. Gordie's variation is better and I'd support a change to that since it is definitively superior to both alternatives, in my opinion.

I concur.

112323662_9cc1078f67.jpg

It's fun to root for the C-R-E-W, it's fun to root for the C-R-E-W...

YMCA_dance.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Who's with me?

I hate to say this, but to most Americans who would have been able to say how many championships have the Crew won. Also how many actually care? I think the MLS is still having a hard time making soccer not a niche sport.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I hate to say this, but to most Americans who would have been able to say how many championships have the Crew won. Also how many actually care? I think the MLS is still having a hard time making soccer not a niche sport.

So... in this context, this has what to do with what?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Crew should stick with what they have now. Of course I think they should go back towards their origional uniform look next time around. Unfortunately adidas refuses to put out uniforms that don't have three stripes down the sleeve.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd say stick with the crest they have now for another year or two and then make some changes to it. Get rid of the village people and come up with something different. They may just want to do something simple like FC Concordia Basel and have just the clubs letters be the logo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Concordia_Basel

They can keep the name but this way it opens up new arenas as far as marketing the club.

The other route they can go is just to drop either the name Crew or even Columbus and add 96, the year of their birth, to the monikor. So it would be either Crew 96 or 96 Crew or Columbus 96 or 96 Columbus and just do what Hannover 96 in Germany did for their logo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5...Hannover_96.png

Archived