Miami Redhawks Hockey

LEWJ

So I got bored and decided to try another hockey concept.

And I decided to make an attempt at a college hockey concept.

So I naturally chose Miami (OH) because, not only is it in Ohio, but they are one of the more successful CCHA teams.

I realize they probably have a rich tradition (though I do not know anything about hockey, let alone college hockey), but I decided to change it up a bit, and incorporate a minimal amount of black into the uniforms. I think it tuned out nice. This really is just a concept to better my skills at hockey concepts, so lemme know what you think. An alternate may come later, but I'm not too sure.

(Also I realize this is an rbk EDGE template, but you get the idea.)

MiamiRed.png

MiamiWhite.png

MiamiALT2.png

C&C Please

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This looks really good. I love the numerals, are they something Miami already uses. The stripes are pretty plain though, it would be cool if they were somehow stylized to match the numbers. I like that you used minimal black. If you made an alternate I personally wouldn't want a black one, but what color would you use? Again, great job! :hockeysmiley:

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

This looks really good. I love the numerals, are they something Miami already uses. The stripes are pretty plain though, it would be cool if they were somehow stylized to match the numbers. I like that you used minimal black. If you made an alternate I personally wouldn't want a black one, but what color would you use? Again, great job! :hockeysmiley:

Thanks.

That's actually the Houston Texans (NFL) number and name font.

I did think about changing up the striping but I decided against it because I tried to keep it traditional.

I may go back and change it up if more people request it.

Thanks again.

This is a solid concept, and the use of the "M" as the front logo is spot on. This look is what Miami is all about, a strong hockey program. I,too like the minimal use of black, as it isn't used that much for Oxford's athletics program anyway.

If you wanted to do an alternate, I'd say make it red, change the striping a little, use standard block font, and go for a retro feel, which would mean eliminating all black. Something classy, like the Red Wings.

Yea I was actually thinking of going retro with the alternate, or use a different stripe design and put the Hawk head on the front.

I will most likely be doing a red alternate, or maybe both a red and black just to get the ideas across, and see which looks best. Thanks for the input guys.

I probably won't start the alternate tonight, but I will sometime soon.

More C&C would be nice as well.

Thanks.

That's actually the Houston Texans (NFL) number and name font.

I did think about changing up the striping but I decided against it because I tried to keep it traditional.

I may go back and change it up if more people request it.

Thanks again.

I thought it looked familiar, I must have not recognized it on a hockey jersey. I agree with others on a throwback-type alternate. However, I understand why you would make a red or black alternate. Can't wait to see more.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Here's a throwback alternate.

Not really based on any actual jersey.

(Although it may resemble one of their throwbacks, I don't know.)

But tell me, is it too retro? And does the gray work? Or is this a failure haha.

MiamiALT2.png

C&C Please.

EDIT: Laceup collar added.

That throwback is a thing of beauty. It's simple, clean, crisp; couldn't ask for more. The gray works well, and I love the old-school wordmark on the chest. And it really complements the other two jerseys well. I really can't think of any suggestions. What's next? Any more concepts? You leave me wanting more. That's what she said!

scotland_fifasig.png

That throwback is a thing of beauty. It's simple, clean, crisp; couldn't ask for more. The gray works well, and I love the old-school wordmark on the chest. And it really complements the other two jerseys well. I really can't think of any suggestions. What's next? Any more concepts? You leave me wanting more. That's what she said!

Thanks. It's nice to here positive feedback like this, especially for a hockey concept (which I do rarely.)

I may start a college series, but I won't promise anyone, because we all know I don't stick to the series' I start.

Thanks again.

But tell me, is it too retro? And does the gray work? Or is this a failure haha.

MiamiALT.png

C&C Please.

In my estimation, a jersey can (almost) never be too retro. In fact, I was wondering how the alternate would look with a lace-up collar (I don't know the preferred term for this style), or with more severely arched lettering on the wordmark to make it look even more "retro".

Kudos on the concept in any event. I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the design.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

MiamiALT.png

C&C Please.

In my estimation, a jersey can (almost) never be too retro. In fact, I was wondering how the alternate would look with a lace-up collar (I don't know the preferred term for this style), or with more severely arched lettering on the wordmark to make it look even more "retro".

Kudos on the concept in any event. I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the design.

I actually meant to make it a lace-up collar, but I guess I forgot to.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived