Ottawa Senators Concept

elliott

*******Scroll down for update*******

Hey guys, I haven't posted a NHL concept in a while, but I've been sketching down on paper some pretty modern templates, eventually I'll fit the templates to some teams and post a few more concepts, but I wanted to show you my Senators idea. I'm just gonna take a break from b-ball for a few more days, and concentrate on updating this if it needs it. I think it's a good start, but still could probably use some tweaking. Just a few things: obviously it is very modern, more so than most Edge templates. I feel that the Sens blend old school and modern, I went away from the classic stripes that they use on their 'O' logo and pants. The font is custom. So give me some feedback on this.

SenatorsConcept2009.gif

Does the red look right? It looks right on my monitor, but then I just looked at it on another monitor, and it looked a little off.

The color is fine, and I actually really dig the numbers. The sleeves really look cool on this temp (which on it's own is well done, btw), but I think in use, the "V" shape it would form (if you're looking at it from the side) would look kinda funky. Also, on the sleeves, it's kinda hard to tell what is jersey shadow, and what is a darker red, or a light sliver, there's just something a little off about it.

P.S. - Perhaps you really do want to use the 3D Sen because of the type of jersey you've whipped up, but goddamn I love the 2D one. Maybe, just test it out for yourself, see if it looks cool . . . just sayin' . . . ;)

I like everything about it. The design looks wonderful and the font looks great as well. I'd like to see the other numbers if you've worked them out already.

Thanks, I have about 7/10 numbers worked out for this font, so I will finish and post.

The color is fine, and I actually really dig the numbers. The sleeves really look cool on this temp (which on it's own is well done, btw), but I think in use, the "V" shape it would form (if you're looking at it from the side) would look kinda funky. Also, on the sleeves, it's kinda hard to tell what is jersey shadow, and what is a darker red, or a light sliver, there's just something a little off about it.

P.S. - Perhaps you really do want to use the 3D Sen because of the type of jersey you've whipped up, but goddamn I love the 2D one. Maybe, just test it out for yourself, see if it looks cool . . . just sayin' . . . ;)

Yeah, I feel ya. I agree about the V shape thing, I have some ideas to eliminate it. About the darker red and light gray, I do that for portions of the template that are the same color as the base, if that makes any sense. But it is a little distracting, I'm gonna eliminate the shading that looks like piping on the outside of the striping, and make some other changes so hopefully it looks cleaner.

I really like this concept! I like the fact, that you tried something new for the Sens. This set fits them very well, in my opinion. The numbers on the arms look a bit large, though. And how about making a black alternate with the 2D- or the "O"-logo...I suppose it'd look great. Keep up your great concepts!!

UPDATE

Here is the full number font for those interested:

SenatorsNumbers.gif

And here is the update. I made the arm striping a little smaller and tweaked the way the black part curves, really to eliminate the V stripe thing. This changes the way the red insert looks, I think that part specifically looks better. I also got rid of all of the shading. I used three different numbers to show the way the font would look. Also I now have an alternate. I used the same pattern on the sides/waist, but altered the arms to match, and used the 2D logo for the crest.

SenatorsConcept2009-2.gif

SenatorsConcept2009-Alt.gif

So hopefully you like this update.

This new Alt is absolutely outstanding! If I were a Sens fan, I'd definately buy one of those...the Home and Road uniform are great, too. The changes you made really fixed some issues with your first concept. I really like this set - keep up the great work!

I like this concept alot, it's nice to see something creative like this. The updated arm striping looks really nice but I think that the arm and underarm stripes don't really fit together, personally I think that the alternate arm striping works better. One thing you could try is to make the striping under the arm bigger because I think that shrinking the arm stripes any more would take away something. Also for the pant striping I would like to see what it would look like with a thin black stripe seperating the white and red sort of like the arm striping on the alternate uniform, I think that the sock striping should look similar too. As for the font, I really like the look, especially on the 73 but I think that the sharp edges don't fit that well with the curviness of the jerseys. Overall these are some of the finest concepts I've seen for a while, good work.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

I like this concept alot, it's nice to see something creative like this. The updated arm striping looks really nice but I think that the arm and underarm stripes don't really fit together, personally I think that the alternate arm striping works better. One thing you could try is to make the striping under the arm bigger because I think that shrinking the arm stripes any more would take away something. Also for the pant striping I would like to see what it would look like with a thin black stripe seperating the white and red sort of like the arm striping on the alternate uniform, I think that the sock striping should look similar too. As for the font, I really like the look, especially on the 73 but I think that the sharp edges don't fit that well with the curviness of the jerseys. Overall these are some of the finest concepts I've seen for a while, good work.

Ok, thanks, those are all good suggestions, one thing though, about the black stripe separating white + red on the pants, I didn't do that because I tried to make the black stripe end on the jerseys, then just have it translate into white on red for the pants.

But I would like some more comments.

So basically, bump.

The alternate is gorgeous elliott, the use of the 2D logo is perfectly executed.

One suggestion is to not use the main logo on the shoulder logo they currently have on their home and away jerseys.

This one: http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/21/f...t3w0fqj1hf6.gif

Other then that nothing bad to say at all.

I would love to see these in action especially to see how they would look with those pants, they look like they would flow very nicely.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived