Red Sox Concept

patsox

I didn't do much here as I don't believe much needed to be done. I added the stripes of the days of Ted Williams to the sleeves of all of the jerseys. I got rid of the Red jersey because I've always thought it was ugly and made the blue jersey the Sunday home alternate. I got rid of the sleeve patch because I personally don't really like sleeve patches, especially for the Red Sox. It reminds me of their minor league teams. I kept the alternate cap but added a white outline around the hanging sox. Finally, I made switched the alternate logo and the primary logos' statuses because while I think the sox can stand alone and are recognizable enough, the other logo makes more sense as the primary in my opinion.

RedSoxConcept-1.png

Updated Away Uniform:

RedSoxRoad.png

In a way I don't like it because it doesn't follow the throwbackishness as much as the ones they unveiled, but on the other hand I do like it because the little bit of red makes the socks look less awkward. The reason why I didn't go with the socks is because they kind of contradict the primary logo. I never liked them either; they are not red enough IMO.

I didn't do much here as I don't believe much needed to be done. I added the stripes of the days of Ted Williams to the sleeves of all of the jerseys. I got rid of the Red jersey because I've always thought it was ugly and made the blue jersey the Sunday home alternate. I got rid of the sleeve patch because I personally don't really like sleeve patches, especially for the Red Sox. It reminds me of their minor league teams. I kept the alternate cap but added a white outline around the hanging sox. Finally, I made switched the alternate logo and the primary logos' statuses because while I think the sox can stand alone and are recognizable enough, the other logo makes more sense as the primary in my opinion.

RedSoxConcept-1.png

love the primary and home alt, just make the alt hat the "B" and the road is so boring i cant believe they went with that, also the red socks with the road uni looks awkward. when i played little league a few years ago i had navy redsox unis and they looked really good

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I think you got this spot on. Great work.

- I love taking little cues from previous memorable unis. So I like the sleeve striping. Its the same reason I like the idea of putting the Boston in Blue on the road in the current font.

- I think you are right about the Primary/Secondary logo set. In baseball the Primary should usually be the more elaborate declarative logo. The individual socks are a great idea, but as a secondary.

- I agree about sleeve patches. I personally think they should only be used in special situations - deaths, annys, new parks, World Series. I don't think teams need an extra patch just to display a logo. Besides, what if someone dies and you go to the World Series? Clutter city?

The only thing I might suggest for fun is using a historical sock stripe for the road uni. While I do like the idea, it is a little drab. Putting a pinch of splash with sock stripes (if you can get players to display them) would be fun.

Great looking uniforms. I agree with changing the red jersey to blue. The only change I would make is some trim around the fonts on the road uniform. Right now they are kind of dull, maybe some white to make them stand out a little.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I'm really liking this set, my only suggestions (as i've seen posted already) are switch from solid red socks to the red stirrups with blue and white stripes at the top and add a nameplate to at least the road. I can only imagine a Sox/Yanks game where nobody has a nameplate, and neutral fans may have no clue who any of the players are, but that's besides the point, one of which I don't have. Change those and I believe that you have a winner. Good work.

TDZiMMB.png

• 4 years later...

Archived