Shreveport-Bossier Captains

Burmy

The S-B logo is solid. I love the word mark with sword.

It's a fine looking logo - Who's the artist??

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I love the SB in the bones, looks awesome for Indy Baseball. I do find it interesting that they will go by Shreveport-Bossier while the CHL hockey team goes by Bossier-Shreveport. On second thought Scranton-Wilkes Barre does that for Baseball/Hockey as well.

This is b/c the Captains play in Shreveport, but the Battle Wings and the Mudbugs play in Bossier City. For the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, the Yankees actually play in Moosic, a town between both cities but closer to Scranton. The Penguins and the Pioneers play in Wilkes-Barre Township.

Union.png

Hmmm. I like most of the elements -- pretty much everything except the "bat", which is improperly scaled to be more of a billy club -- but the whole thing doesn't hang together as well is it ought. The thin red outline around the beard, for example, shows the weakness of the logo. That outline shouldn't be necessary; a crimson collar would allow for the necessary contrast and make a more striking period costume both for the logo and for any mascot. But a crimson collar would conflict with the crimson scrolls and the "Captains" script. And all the filigree on the "Captains" script is great on its own, but the fine details of the rest of the logo -- such as the rip on the mascot's right shoulder -- overwhelm the detail of the script and reduce its impact.

It's more common for teams at the lower levels of pro ball to have a solid logo but underwhelming uniforms; the elements are here for the Captains to have a poorly executed logo but terrific uniforms. The "Captains" script; the pirate's head; the SB bones logo; there's no excuse for this team not having outstanding uniforms. And so far, the uniform elements I've seen are terrific. A C-plus logo for a team with A-minus uniforms.

20082614447.png

I really like the logo. The only real qualms I have with the logo are the rendering on the face/head (somewhat off, IMO) and the "tear." I skimmed the logo at first and didn't immediately see the sword...it's at an angle, which makes it look short. Perspective, I believe.

Wordmark? Solid. Colors? Solid. Scroll thingies? Cool. SB-in-bones? Awesome. Cartoon-style one-finger-short pirate-guy? Eh, it's not too bad. He's a cartoon pirate, so I'll let it pass.

I'm personally quite impressed, and want to see the caps (and unis) soon. I wanna see that SB-in-bones logo a lot.

Also, good to see a new-to-us firm get work and do good things with the opportunity.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived