Shreveport-Bossier Captains

Burmy

Went to their website, and found a graphic referring to an event going on:

image003.jpg

Any guesses as to what that logo sneak peek is supposed to be? High Rollers? Magicians? Snidely Whiplashes?

What do you think it could be?

bYhYmxh.png

Looks a lot like this guy reversed:

UNO_Primary%20Logo-jpeg%20(2).jpg

Certainly a pirate or buccaneer. Wonder if the name will be Pirates (Shreveport CFL team name) or Captains (as in Captain Jack Sparrow, and also old Texas league team name...)

It is what it is.

Looks a lot like this guy reversed:

UNO_Primary%20Logo-jpeg%20(2).jpg

Certainly a pirate or buccaneer. Wonder if the name will be Pirates (Shreveport CFL team name) or Captains (as in Captain Jack Sparrow, and also old Texas league team name...)

Well, for one, the Pirates name is taken by MLB's Pittsburgh team, the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and even indy league teams are pretty reluctant to use MLB names.

So, I think I'll be the first to :welcome: the Shreveport Captains back to the baseball landscape! :woot:

bYhYmxh.png

Went to their website, and found a graphic referring to an event going on:

image003.jpg

Any guesses as to what that logo sneak peek is supposed to be? High Rollers? Magicians? Snidely Whiplashes?

What do you think it could be?

I see the beaver!

Yup...Just found a link:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/200.../901060337/1001

www.shreveportcaptains.com has been reserved...and the logo's look...I think the Shreveport Captains are back! :woot:

EDIT: Looks like they're actually going to be the Shreveport-Bossier Captains:

http://www.americanassociationbaseball.com/ above logos have the team's thumbnail logo with a two-word banner above the "Captains" wordmark, and the Chamber of Commerce lists them as the Shreveport-Bossier Captains too: http://www.shreveportchamber.org/view_member.php?id=32659

Whatever the case is, good to see nostalgia coming back!

bYhYmxh.png

Well...drat.. and here I thought i might be the first with the information...

Anyways... what MBurmy says....

Well, you can still contribute in a way.

I still don't see any official info or full-sized logos yet...if you have 'em, post 'em!

bYhYmxh.png

I'm a big fan of the return to "Captains" as the team's name. I like the wordmark font. The interlocking "SB" on the pirate's hat is rather attractive. The overall layout of the logo is pretty damned sharp, as well.

All of that said, the fact that the pirate has been drawn with just three fingers and a thumb rankles me. I'd also like to see the pirate's cutlass rendered a bit longer. It strikes me as being almost ridiculously short. The white and grey accent above "SHREVEPORT" is a needless distraction. Is it supposed to be a tear in the fabric or an epaulet?

Overall, a significant improvement over the rather bland Shreveport Sports identity package. Along with the Grand Prairie AirHogs, easily the best of the American Association's logo packages.

Well it's definitely a minor league baseball logo, but I'd say it's a pretty good one. The finger thing is bothersome, but I love all of the fonts, including the SB on the cap. Solid effort I say...

As someone who's really not a fan of minor league logos, I think for once someone got the right feel. There's no steroids, no beveled letters. I actually do like the Captains wordmark. It has the right feel to it.

Well, for one, the Pirates name is taken by MLB's Pittsburgh team, the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and even indy league teams are pretty reluctant to use MLB names.

Nice VeggieTales reference.

As for the logo, I like it. I hope the use the SB on the cap, I'd snap one up.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived