Bigmike's NCAA Concept Series (Now Showing Basketball as well!)

bigmike

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll make some updates, I'll show a Action Set with the White Helmet (Modern Style) and I will also see how it looks with the double outline.

The next team will be Cincinatti, I have a preety out ther and modern-styled idea for them.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll make some updates, I'll show a Action Set with the White Helmet (Modern Style) and I will also see how it looks with the double outline.

The next team will be Cincinatti, I have a preety out ther and modern-styled idea for them.

Alright here are my update to the Modern Set.

Changes (From 1st Modern Try)

- Numbers (Added Double Outline)

- Logo (Same as Numbers)

- Added a White Helmet Option (No Stripes)

- Added White pants to the Orange Jersey

VTechHelmetMaroon1.png

Helmet (Maroon)

Helmet1.png

Helmet (White)

I just decided to make the updates on the Action Sets since they look so much better.

VTechModernActionSet2.png

Maroon Helmet Set

VTechModernActionSet3.png

White Helmet Set

Alright give me some feedback on this. Cincinatti will be up sometime Today

Helmet Option 1

Since I didn't post earlier, I'd just ike to say that this is a really nice concept.

I prefer the maroon helmet modern set over the white helmet set. I also think I like the orange mono (blasphemy I know) over the white pants version just because the stripes don't quite match which always bothers me. The only thing I can think of to possibly fix that would be to maybe make the orange outline on the pants stripe be offset, but I don't how nice that would look. That or maybe the eliminate the orange outline altogether.

Since I didn't post earlier, I'd just ike to say that this is a really nice concept.

I prefer the maroon helmet modern set over the white helmet set. I also think I like the orange mono (blasphemy I know) over the white pants version just because the stripes don't quite match which always bothers me. The only thing I can think of to possibly fix that would be to maybe make the orange outline on the pants stripe be offset, but I don't how nice that would look. That or maybe the eliminate the orange outline altogether.

Thanks, I think I agree with you about the Maroon Helmet, it looks alot better with the modern update.

So anymore thoughts on this before we move along. I have already done some of Cicinnati, not sure how yall will like it but I love it, its kinda of out there, be ready for the Bear Claws!

NCAA Concept #11 - Cincinnati Bearcats

Alright for my 11th NCAA Concept I chose Cicinnati because I could just picture this in my head and it turned out the exact way I wanted it too. I kept the Adidas Template they have now except for combining the two-layered side panels. Alright so tell me what yall think!

Kept

-Helmet

-Adidas Template

Changes

- All Pants (Turned the Claw marks around, and added one)

- White Pants (Took away the Fat Black Stripe and made the claw marks black w/ red outline)

- Numbers (Custom made to match the Claw marks) *the numbers were influenced by the Minnesot Wild, but they are different

- Collar/Trim is different color then Piping

- Added Claw marks to Side panels.

Enough talking here is the Concept.

Helmet

BearcatsHelmet.png

Jerseys

BearcatsHomeJersey.png

Home

BearcatsAwayJersey.png

Away

BearcatsAlternateJersey.png

Alternate

Pants

bearcatspants.png

Action shots cont. next post

Alright and the Action Shots featuring, WR #1 Marshawn Gilyard, QB #15 Tony Pike, RB #22 John Goebel

Black Pants Option (Main 3 Sets)

BearcatsActionSet1-1.png

White Pants Option

BearcatsActionSet2-1.png

Alright so give me some feedback, still stuck on what team to do next!

This is certainly an interesting concept, and definitely creative. I usually don't like wild stuff like this, but it's really unique and looks pretty good, actually. I was thinking, though, that the slash marks on the sides and pants should be parallel so that it matches better. Also, have the slash marks on the sides and the slash marks on the numbers come to more of a point. Right now they look kind of blunt.

This is a really good series going, and may I recommend the Clemson Tigers for a revamp? What they have now is very generic Nike, and also very ugly.

scotland_fifasig.png

This is certainly an interesting concept, and definitely creative. I usually don't like wild stuff like this, but it's really unique and looks pretty good, actually. I was thinking, though, that the slash marks on the sides and pants should be parallel so that it matches better. Also, have the slash marks on the sides and the slash marks on the numbers come to more of a point. Right now they look kind of blunt.

This is a really good series going, and may I recommend the Clemson Tigers for a revamp? What they have now is very generic Nike, and also very ugly.

Thanks, I am not crazy about jagged numbers but I thought it would look good with this. I get what you are saying about making the slash marks parallel but I like the way it looks on the jersey, but didnt think they looked that good like that on the pants.

I may do Clemson next, should I try and do them in a Classic or Modern way?

Looking for some more feedback on this before I start my next concept. Also Throwback I didnt understand what you said after the comment about the numbers.

I love the Cincy concepts, its just like Cal tried to do, but they failed

Hah, yeah I thought about doing the claw marks on the sholders like Cal, but decided it looked bett on the side.

Clemson seems like a classic type of school, so I'd go old school on them. Try a new logo, because the MS Paint pawprint just doesn't do it for me. Can't wait to see what's next...

Alright, they will be next, I will have to see what kinda logo I can come up with them! Probably a Tiger but different than all the other Tiger logos.

Sorry Bigmike, the Cincy unis are a miss for me. The main distraction for me is the claw marks. First having an uneven number (3 on the jersey but 5 on the pants) does'nt match. Also the style does'nt match. The pants are heading toward the back of the leg but the jersey looks like the cat is clawing upward which slashing cats don't do. I do like the numbers and the piping on the jersey. I think if you drop the slashes on the jersey and maybe do the pants curving toward the front of the leg the way they do now and I think you are right there.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Sorry Bigmike, the Cincy unis are a miss for me. The main distraction for me is the claw marks. First having an uneven number (3 on the jersey but 5 on the pants) does'nt match. Also the style does'nt match. The pants are heading toward the back of the leg but the jersey looks like the cat is clawing upward which slashing cats don't do. I do like the numbers and the piping on the jersey. I think if you drop the slashes on the jersey and maybe do the pants curving toward the front of the leg the way they do now and I think you are right there.

Alright I may try that, the reason I would like to keep the marks on the jersey, but maybe make the pants claw marks match up evenly with them like logocruncher suggested.

Alright some teams suggested next were Clemson and Northwestern, for Clemson I have some jersey ideas but right now haveing a tough time making a new logo. Northwestern is a team I have done before, but had a very simple concept for them before, maybe I will come up with something soon.

Any others? Perferably a team without a cat mascot :D

Sorry, I gotta be honest, none of these 3 concepts (I think there is 3) impress me at all. The Cincinnati one I really, really don't like. First of all, you used the awkward adidas piping that goes around the shoulders, I think that this is the worst feature of adidas jerseys, and it needs to be dropped. The claw marks are a miss, they look better currently with just the one color. It think you can see what I mean just by looking at the side view template you showed with the red jersey and white pants. The clawmarks look different across the jersey and pant combo, which bothers me, it also looks like this with black jersey, white pants. So, I think it helps to only have the claw marks on the jersey or pants, one or the other, not both. The numbers also look bad. They just look messy. The font that you started with looks allright, but the slashes don't really look like claw markings, they just look like messy edges.

Onto VT, the classic concept you did looks ok, but it looks like a bunch of concepts you have done before, I remember seeing at least two teams with a-b-a shoulder stripes in that thread, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you have done it before. I don't like the look in the first place, and too many teams do it, so I don't really like it here. The modern concept is a downgrade from their current unis IMO, right now they look modern but not too much so, these take on a Broncos feel and seem overdesigned. Also you seemed to make the numbers too big, and they look cluttered. Their current jerseys seem simpler, more refined, and your concept is a little too modern for me. I especially hate the all orange.

Criticism aside, your templates look fantastic.

For Cincy, I like the font, which I honestly have to say is the best parts of the concept (aside from the action temps). Having the marks on both the jersey and pants is just too much, like what Elliot said. I'm not too fond of the piping, but if you keep that piping, where would the TV numbers be?

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Alright, I guess I will make some updates to Cincinatti, I think I am just going to scrap the piping and Claw marks on the jerseys, it would leave them to plain though if I take away the Font and the other two things.

If I take the Claw marks away from the Jerseys should I keep the different colored claw marks, after hearing elliot talk about that, he's right it looks bad with different color claw marks on one set. However if they are not on the Jerseys it might work.

The Font s preety well liked to my suprise, I know elliot doesnt like it but everyone seems to think it is alright.

To answer your questions about the Triple Stripe Shoulder look elliot, think I used it once in the old ACC thread, but really the only reason I did that here was because of the Throwbacks they have worn this season, they seem to be very popular so I thought I would try and make a set around it. It is a overused template though throughout the NCAA. I will try and stay away from it in my future concepts.

As for the Modern set, the pants are a replica of Denver I guess, which I dont like but thought it worked well with this concept maybe I can try and change it.

Ok then, I just kinda remember you using the shoulder striping for you ole miss and Florida sets. I will have to look back through that thread, it could have been someone else or I could just be remembering wrong. For the cincy number font, keep it, or else, when you remove the claw marks from the jersey, it will be too boring. Everyone else seems to like it, like you said, so it should be fine.

Ok then, I just kinda remember you using the shoulder striping for you ole miss and Florida sets. I will have to look back through that thread, it could have been someone else or I could just be remembering wrong. For the cincy number font, keep it, or else, when you remove the claw marks from the jersey, it will be too boring. Everyone else seems to like it, like you said, so it should be fine.

Alright, actually I did you the triple stripes for Florida and LSU, Ole Miss I moved down to the sleeves, but I will probably not use that template anymore. Cincinatti Update should come up tommarow. Any suggestions on the next team?

Archived