Aiken Young Professional Logo

Cola

flatten the bottom...rounding it just makes you think "is it floating?"

the highlights work...except for the little jets off of them...the highlight wouldnt be under the sign...i figure you did this to create a "line" but it is not needed.

give the "signs" some depth...if this is on illustrator ( i think it is)... copy that gray layer on the top sign and move it to the right some and do the same for the bottom but move it to the left.

hope that makes sense.

footer_helmet.gif

flatten the bottom...rounding it just makes you think "is it floating?"

the highlights work...except for the little jets off of them...the highlight wouldnt be under the sign...i figure you did this to create a "line" but it is not needed.

Yeah, I did the highlight under the sign to create a line...felt it bled too much at the bottom. The jets don't flow with the curves of the rest of the design, but I thought they might could work.

As far as the bottom being round...I did that and it just looked unfinished and awkward. I felt for logo purposes, it was okay to have the bottom rounded un-like an actual pole so the logo would appear balanced. I see your point though- I just couldn't make it work.

give the "signs" some depth...if this is on illustrator ( i think it is)... copy that gray layer on the top sign and move it to the right some and do the same for the bottom but move it to the left.

I thought about doing that in the planning stages of the logo...and honestly, I just forgot to do it. I think I would have went the route you had suggested though. I have already submitted the logo to them because there was sort of a deadline today to get it in, although they weren't officially taking submissions. Basically, a couple of people on their staff went the cheap way after I offered my services and did a logo on their own...same idea as mine as well. Anyhow, it didn't turn out good at all and a friend of mine on the committee asked if I could save the logo...so I tried.

This is what they were thinking of going with...done "in-house" by one of the members:

AikenYP.jpg

What's this logo for, if you don't mind me asking?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What's this logo for, if you don't mind me asking?

A Young Professional society...you find them in most mid to large cities. You get together with other 22 to mid-30's professionals for networking, events, and good times.

They ended up going with the in-house design. I was doing this pro-bono as a favor for a friend who is on the board...but they didn't want to hurt the feelings of the guy who did it or something. Dumb choice I think is all too common today...I wasn't going to even charge them and they went with "that". Makes me wonder sometimes...and they are supposed to be Young Professionals making important business decisions? ha.

Archived