Colorado Rockies Concept

joshhockey

About a week ago I posted a Cincinnati Reds concept as my first baseball concept because I wanted to leave hockey alone for a bit. So lately I've been working on a few more baseball concepts and I've tried to use what I was told in that thread to improve my designs. This is my second baseball concept and I think its pretty good.

Home:

rockieshome.png

Road:

rockiesroad.png

Alt:

rockiesalt.png

The one thing I really tried to do was make the purple look less blue and more like a REAL purple. I also went to a purple alt because its unique. C&C please. :D

g4104.png

I've always thought the Rockies should emphasise purple more, especially when they came out with the all purple cap (those were beauties). But I don't like the shoulder yoke? on the home. get rid of that, make the numbers purple with silver outline, place some purple sleve stripes on it and you got yourself a solid home uni.

jNTsTyQ.png

The home is just not something that a baseball jersey should look like. The shoulders are minor league or college-ish. I don't particularly like the silver numbers. The away and alternate are a little too similar to what they wear now for my liking. You got rid of the pinstripes but I happen to like those. The purple jerseys are very similar to their purple alts, but the lack of a front number bothers me. If anyone does a Rockies redesign I would prefer more of a revamp. Also you say you changed the purple...I think it's worse. It looks darker, and that just blends in more with the black. The Rockies don't have a spectacular set, but overall I think this is a major downgrade, sorry. If you really want to start a redesign series, I would suggest to 1)Keep the jerseys looking professional and 2) Keep in mind what the pros and cons on a team's jersey, and try to fix the cons. The point of a redesign is to make every team better. In this one it looks like you were changing stuff for the sake of changing it.

I don't like this...sorry. elliott pointed out everything that was wrong with this set, and it's the same thing everyone else is not going to like either. I agree with him on this too. A Rockies concept needs to be a complete revamp. It would be very difficult to come up with anything new based off their current set. I would go back to the drawing board on this one.

Archived