A couple WBC concepts

Riot!

Today the World Baseball Classic started, with Japan beated China. I've been working on a couple WBC concepts and thought this would be the perfect time to show them to you guys. First I started with the Netherlands. For this one I wanted to connect the national baseball and national soccer team. So I used the lion crest logo from the soccer team as the primary and cap logo. I think it makes a great cap logo. Another thing I did to connect the two sports was for the home uniform I used primarly orange (just like soccer) and for the away I used the colors of the flag (just like soccer). Next I wanted to make a Korea concept. Because right now they have a very boring uniform. With this I made the symbol on their flag to look like a baseball. Then I used that logo as the O in the Korea script. C&C please.

Netherlands.gif

Korea.gif

For the Netherlands, I love the home uniform. I'm not crazy about the road uni at all. I think it needs to match the home, and I'm not a fan of the (Whatever that is) going across the bottom portion of the jersey. That just wouldn't work. I say take what you have done with the home version and apply it to the road to make a solid concept.

As for Korea, I had the idea of using that flag symbol when I was doing my WBC concepts, and decided against it. After seeing your concept here, I'm glad I abandoned that idea, and the reason is because it just doesn't fit with the rest of the script. It's a good idea on paper, but like you, I couldn't get it to work. Plus, if you are going to use it, I would take the baseball stitching off of it if it's on the uniform.

Overall, these are not bad. The Netherlands has the most potential IMO. Just make the away uni match the home one, and you have got a winner there. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on Korea. It's a nice idea (like I said, I had that same idea myself) But it just doesn't work.

I hope this helps you out.

Holland's not bad. I would add some blue to the home uni. As for the road, maybe move the stomach stripe to the sleeve for sleeve-piping (either around the sleeve or up the sleeve, a la '86 Mets).

Korea's okay, but (as was said before) the Pepsi-look doesn't fit at all. May need to start from scratch on this one

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I agree with what was said by the others. The striping on the away set for Holland doesn't quite work. I like Vicfurth's idea of moving up to the shoulder like the old mets. As for Korea, it's not good at all. Go back to the drawing board for that one.

jNTsTyQ.png

Holland's not bad. I would add some blue to the home uni. As for the road, maybe move the stomach stripe to the sleeve for sleeve-piping (either around the sleeve or up the sleeve, a la '86 Mets).

Korea's okay, but (as was said before) the Pepsi-look doesn't fit at all. May need to start from scratch on this one

I agree completely. (by the way, love your avatar)

I really like the duality approach you've taken with the Netherlands. Orange is the national/royal colour of the country, but doesn't appear on the flag. Red, white, and blue are the colours of the flag, but aren't the national colours. So I like that both identities are honoured here. The dual colour schemes work for soccer, so why not baseball?

One thing I would change would be the flag stripe on the waist. It just doesn't look right on a baseball jersey. I would work the design of the flag into sleeve striping instead.

The Korean one is nice, but I really want to see some concepts that use Asian characters for the appropriate Asian teams.

i'd find something more original for the holland mark other than using the national soccer association logo.

I donno, I like the concept of national teams using very similar, if not identical, logos. It kind of shows national solidarity.

its Nederland....not Nederlands...no "s", kinda of a big deal because yours doesn't make any sense

the jersey's aren't that great, either, much more creativity is possible.

if you going to use the soccer logo, use their soccer jersey's as an inspiration point, not just boring white vest with orange sleeves. The away is ok, but not all that great either, if you put some more time into it you could make these things really pop.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived