Worst stadium food

OMMF

It could be tasty, I guess, and I know I could eat it but would I want to?

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/otherc...23/daily21.html

The West Michigan Whitecaps of minor-league baseball?s Midwest League (the same league in which the Dayton Dragons play) will offer a Fifth Third Burger this season. After all, the team?s stadium located just outside of Grand Rapids is called Fifth Third Ballpark.

The burger is a whopping 1.66 pounds ? 5/3 pounds, get it? ? and will cost $20. It includes nacho cheese, chili, salsa, crunched tortilla chips, tomato and lettuce on an eight-inch sesame seed bun.

?The Fifth Third burger is not for the casual eater,? Matt Timon, the Whitecaps? food and beverage director, said in a news release. ?It has nearly 5,000 calories, 300 grams of fat and a whole lot of carbs.?

What other over-the-top or just plain terrible foods have you seen, heard of or even eaten at a sporting event?

I can't see any stadium being too concerned about healthy food.

What I found to be really funny, is at the Air Canada Centre here in Toronto, they have grilled cheese sandwiches available, made with Kraft singles! lol.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I went to Grand Rapids back in '04 to see a Whitecaps game. The featured item then was the "Swimming Pig," an 8 oz. grilled pork chop sandwich slathered in BBQ. Assuming these menu items are still available, you could create yourself quite the value meal at Fifth Third Ballpark:

Appetizer: Souvenir batting helmet full of nachos

Dinner: Fifth Third Burger

Dessert: Deep-fried cheesecake

Beverage: 32 oz. Leinie's

As far as other excesses go, I know the Beloit Snappers used to offer all-you-can-eat Mondays for $20. (With 10 beers on tap.) And I wouldn't mind heading down to Sauget one of these days to have a go at those deep-fried White Castles.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Appetizer: Souvenir batting helmet full of nachos

Dinner: Fifth Third Burger

Dessert: Deep-fried cheesecake

Beverage: 32 oz. Leinie's

Oh... my... god. That has to be the ultimate artery clogging, heart attack inducing, gluttony inducing meal I've ever seen.

The best part is the deep fried cheesecake. Mmmm... cheesecake...*Starts to act like Homer Simpson*

Archived