Philadelphia Phantoms Concept (Updated)

PHILADELPHIAFLYERS

I'd emphasize the mask more than putting a dude behind it. It's just kind of ... not pleasant.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It might be a nice drawing, but it ain't a logo. There is a big difference.

All logos are art... but not all art is a logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I get that feeling too. It just doesn't fit in as a logo. Any tips on taking what I have here and changing it or redoing it to make it more like a logo??

How about a much less detailed face with behind a full goalie mask, or you might not even need a face behind the mask. That would make it more..... mysterious I guess.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I can tell you have a good idea in your head. However, this is far too detailed and complicated to use as a sports logo. You should probably forget about the body and focus on simplifying the head.

Think icon. Something that is simple enough for kids to draw on their book covers (they still have those, right?) but detailed enough to look good as a jersey crest. It's not easy - designing a good logo never is. That's part of the fun.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok so I abandoned the idea of redesigning the phantoms logo for just editing their current logo. Heres what I did:

-Changed the colors around

-Made the "phantom" wearing an old school goalie mask

-Used the flyers third jersey design in phantoms colors w/ slight modifications.

philadelphia_phatoms_logo2.gif

phantoms_jersey3.gif

(Credit to RogerClemente for the template)

I like the update, a hell of alot better then your first one.

I like how you connected the flyers to the Phantoms with that jersey template. The new logo slightly reminds me of the Might Ducks logo but it works.

Good update!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived