Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ballinology

Alright, here is my second concept. Some may think they this looks college or arena league, but I tried to make it look as different as possible with the same professional image. With the Jaguars coming out with a completely different unique look, I tired to use it as a guideline for this design.

-No more orange

-Red, Pewter, and Black

-Number font the same

-Helmet black

-Facemask black

-Piping that leads to the back below the numbers, (ex. Old Miami Hurricanes look)

-Solid pants with logo

U2382-1240242531.png

If you're going with a black helmet, try it without the red flag and cutlass. How would it look with just the white skull and crossed swords? The flag element of the logo takes away from the classic 'skull and crossbones' look. I think it would be stark but striking.

-keep the orange in there

-pewter helmet

-orange alt

-red nameplate lettering on the road jersey

-red numerals on the road jersey

He stated that he was trying to get away from orange. Which is overall a good idea. Orange and red just blend too much. I like it without the orange.

Now I LOVE the solid pewter pants without any striping. I couldn't tell you why, I just think it looks fantastic. Try applying the exact same thing to the helmet. I don't like the piping, personally I would suggest to do something else, I don't think it fits in with the rest of the concept.

Small nitpicks: sleeve logos are too small and misplaced, you should see half of it, and the pants logo appears to be backwards.

I like this, and the execution is excellent. That said, I don't like the almost total lack of red on the roadies, and the piping style that wraps around to the back never works IMO (see the Miami Hurricanes old jerseys for proof). I like the black helmet, but I'd be even more interested to see what this would look like with a black jersey to complement the almost red-free roadies. They would certainly match better. Good work here.

scotland_fifasig.png

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I can buy getting away from the orange in your concept. But I think it still needs to be there in some subtle fashion - maybe a number outline or something. And I agree with the other posters - need to keep the pewter helmet. And, I'm not personally a fan of the Miami unis (stripe on back, etc). I prefer no stripes on the back. It clutters up the look, IMO. But, your execution is well done, and I do like how everything flows for the overall look. Solid pewter pants look good too. What about a black alternate top with orange numbers outlined in pewter and then red? Or white/pewter/red maybe. Might add some spice to the set. I'll split the difference and give you 631 points. :mellow:

spacer.png  I just love penguins......always dressed for the occasion. spacer.png

Archived