Joshhockey's MLB Re-design.

joshhockey

Ooooh I like this style. I'm not sure about the wordmark not being arched, but to really judge it, I'd have to see it how it looks in action. And I like the idea of a white cap, but not in the 80s style with the front a different color from the back. If you are going to have a white cap, it should probably be mainly white, with a red bill and the traditional red A. The white A would probably work better on a completely red cap.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooooh I like this style. I'm not sure about the wordmark not being arched, but to really judge it, I'd have to see it how it looks in action. And I like the idea of a white cap, but not in the 80s style with the front a different color from the back. If you are going to have a white cap, it should probably be mainly white, with a red bill and the traditional red A. The white A would probably work better on a completely red cap.

That's the dilemma I had, if I was going to put the white A on a red cap then the outline would get lost and I wanted a mainly red hat and thought this style solved my problem.

g4104.png

That's the dilemma I had, if I was going to put the white A on a red cap then the outline would get lost and I wanted a mainly red hat and thought this style solved my problem.

I'm not sure the outline is as necessary on a cap, but I can see how you'd want to do it the way you did it if you want to test out how the white A with the bevel looked. However, that style of cap is probably just a matter of different tastes. The only cap in that sort of style that I liked was the Expos' pinwheel caps. Apparently a lot of people like the blue and yellow brewer cap of the 80s, but it still seems iffy.

Next in this series are the Pittsburgh Pirates. I went with something I haven't seen done before. Everyone takes the red away from the pirates and tries to just keep the colour scheme at black and yellow, but instead of doing that I took away red and added the Penguins' gold. I think it's pretty unique. C&C please.

Home:

pirateshome.png

Road:

piratesroad.png

Home or Road Alternate:

piratesalt.png

g4104.png

Honestly there just isn't enough contrast between the gold and yellow. The vegas gold looks like an afterthought, like the gold they put around the World Series champion's numbers on the first game of the season. I can't even tell if you put it in the sleeve piping on the arms of the home/away, if so it blends way to much. The contrast between black and yellow is crucial to the pirates and I think the light gold just adds a distraction.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll post updates after I finish all 30 original sets. Here's the Marlins' set. I feel it represents Florida well with the kind of unique-ness. C&C please.

Home:

marlinshome.png

Road:

marlinsroad.png

Alternate:

marlinsalternate.png

Red Sox next. Then Twins and any requests.

g4104.png

I'm done the Red Sox set. No huge changes because, even though I hate them, it's a very classic look. I would like some more C&C on the Pirates and Marlins since I've only got 2 comments on the Pirates and none on the Marlins. Anyways, here's the Sox. Lots of C&C please.

Home:

redsoxhome.png

Road:

redsoxroad.png

Alternate:

redsoxalt.png

Twins next. Taking requests.

g4104.png

Pirates- I like the idea, but I don't really think it looks that great. Nice try though.

Marlins- Very...interesting. I'm not too sure how that would work exactly, but good job. And good job on using more teal. Looks good.

BoSox- Looks good. I'm not 100% sure about the red bills on everything, but it looks ok. Nice job.

Archived