Joshhockey's MLB Re-design.

joshhockey

There have been lots of MLB Re-design series floating around out there and I decided I'm ready to start a big project and thought this was the best one to go with. So here ya go. Starting with the Houston Astros.

I decided to go back to the navy/gold scheme because I really like it and its unique to the MLB. (I'm going to change the Padres.)

Home:

Stroshome.png

Away:

Strosroad.png

Alternate:

Strosalt.png

Lots of C&C please. :D

g4104.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, navy and gold isn't really all that unique, and especially navy. Really, I prefer the colors they use now, but if you have your heart set on this, then I guess go with it.

The concept itself isn't terrible but it seems bland. Maybe it's the lack of any piping on the tops. Also, the script and numbers appear messy.

But if you are going to do a redesign, please don't just use the exact same logo packages and only change the color scheme. That's essentially what you did here, but hopefully you will mix it up when you continue onward.

I agree with Elliott that navy is incredibly overused and to use it over their very unique color scheme seems like a downgrade. The jerseys are not bad, but without any piping at all, it makes it seem rather bland.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

There have been lots of MLB Re-design series floating around out there and I decided I'm ready to start a big project and thought this was the best one to go with. So here ya go. Starting with the Houston Astros.

I decided to go back to the navy/gold scheme because I really like it and its unique to the MLB. (I'm going to change the Padres.)

Home:

Stroshome.png

Away:

Strosroad.png

Alternate:

Strosalt.png

OK, you asked for it ...

Bland colors, bland concept.

Packers-2.png

OK, you asked for it ...

Bland colors, bland concept.

i agree completely

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

instead of the blue sleeves look for an alternate, how about an all gold alt? (if you are going to stick with this color scheme). it would be a little strange but has potential to be very unique and different. just not navy, because that color is very overused

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Home:

Stroshome.png

Away:

Strosroad.png

Alternate:

Strosalt.png

You've totally got the clashing of two separate eras going on here. The current colors AND wordmark help to accomplish an old west-type theme while the old colors say ultra-futuristic to most people. Pairing the old colors with the new logos makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

Here's an update for the Astros. I finished it before I read what patsox said about the conflicting eras. I decided to use a sand-coloured alt because the red didn't look good and I didn't want black. I think it looks pretty good but I leave it up to you guys to decide. C&C please.

Home Update:

Stroshomeupdate.png

Road Update:

Strosroadupdate.png

Alternate:

Strosalternate.png

g4104.png

Here's an update for the Astros. I finished it before I read what patsox said about the conflicting eras. I decided to use a sand-coloured alt because the red didn't look good and I didn't want black. I think it looks pretty good but I leave it up to you guys to decide. C&C please.

Home Update:

Stroshomeupdate.png

Road Update:

Strosroadupdate.png

Alternate:

Strosalternate.png

I'll tell you what. This is a huge improvement. This iteration gives me a big Mars vibe. Nice job.

That's really, really good. A big improvement over your previous design. The sand alternate is beautiful, and I like the wordmark. If I were you, I'd add that red alt just to see what it looks like (I'm curious personally), and change up the number font to make it match the wordmark better. Nice work here!

scotland_fifasig.png

That's really, really good. A big improvement over your previous design. The sand alternate is beautiful, and I like the wordmark. If I were you, I'd add that red alt just to see what it looks like (I'm curious personally), and change up the number font to make it match the wordmark better. Nice work here!

Yes I couldn't agree more. Much better than the first. I love that color scheme, but like logocruncher said, the number font does not match the wordmark at all.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm back with another (probably final) update. I added a red alt which I don't think looks great but you guys asked for it. I also changed the number font to the Wizards' just with a modified 9. C&C once again please. :D

Home:

Stroshomeupdate-1.png

Road:

Strosroadupdate-1.png

Home Alt:

Strosalternate-1.png

Road Alt:

Strosroadalt.png

g4104.png

Archived