UNI Rebranding Concept

gordie_delini

Well I recently had been in touch with a company regarding a job with an agency in Cedar Falls, Iowa, where the University of Northern Iowa is located. This company does some work with UNI, and in looking at that, I thought that the school needed an ID update. Well, here it is, my new concept for the University of Northern Iowa Panthers. C&C welcome and appreciated.

UNI-2.png

OD_Signature.jpg

Really like the monogram, although I think the left leg on the N could be moved to the right (closer to the I) a lot.

The panther is pretty good. I don't like how the tail ends, and it's just the purple circle, I say leave it gold. Something about the hind leg is bothering me, it looks a little...feminine? Not sure what to do to it. Maybe it just needs a bit more definition.

Good job.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here is what I like:

- color scheme is beautiful.

- the head of the panther is executed VERY well

What I don't like:

- the tail on the panther looks funny

- the spacing on the headshot of the panther logo looks odd

- like said above, the "I" doesn't appear centered

- the full monogram looks heavy on one side and kind of unnecessary- I can't think of an application where it would be useful.

Good job overall Gordie. A few problem areas:

The right front leg is a little too fat and broad as compared to the rest of its anatomy.

The right hind leg needs to be just a little more prominently defined from the body like the frontal right leg is.

The head mark comes to an odd point at top left. Maybe bring that in some closer to the neck.

Like chestnutz said, The 'I' definitely needs to be centered a little more with the 'N.' Something like this:

3eekkbbg1lsygga9pc531zxxf.gif

It does resemble the one of Northern Illinois a bit too much as well.

The panthers' expression seems deeply saddened. Maybe some eye tweaking can help that.

Also, the tail should just be all yellow, no purple cap.

One last thing to think about, should the purple area around the wordmark be that thick?

I don't believe the gold within the I and N should be touching. Otherwise, I agree that the Panther head looks a bit effeminate and the I should be centered with the N.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think its a nice, clean concept. Everyone assumes that panthers, lions, tigers, etc. logos only look good fierce, with a snarling mouth or something. I like yours, it is something different then all the other panther concepts out there. The only thing bothering me is the tail, like others have mentioned.

Good Work

O, and good luck with the job.

Archived