Peacocks? (Update 1 Up!)

ChuckDownfield

1. The feather in your logo looks more like a pine tree needle than a feather. From a distance it might look like a fishbone.

2. The capital "A" in "Anaheim" is huge. I think I understand your intent for making it this way, but it's far too large. If you want to incorporate a feather in your logo, make it a feather, and try stylizing it under the wordmark.

3. Get rid of the blue inner shadow on your last "logo". It's killing my eyes and completely unnecessary.

4. Try a different accent color other than purple.

The blue inside is not a shadow, but it is part of a peacock feather. Anyway I am currently working on an update, which will be up soon.

The blue/purple on your "alternate" is an inner shadow and is far too distracting.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

1. The feather in your logo looks more like a pine tree needle than a feather. From a distance it might look like a fishbone.

2. The capital "A" in "Anaheim" is huge. I think I understand your intent for making it this way, but it's far too large. If you want to incorporate a feather in your logo, make it a feather, and try stylizing it under the wordmark.

3. Get rid of the blue inner shadow on your last "logo". It's killing my eyes and completely unnecessary.

4. Try a different accent color other than purple.

The blue inside is not a shadow, but it is part of a peacock feather. Anyway I am currently working on an update, which will be up soon.

The blue/purple on your "alternate" is an inner shadow and is far too distracting.

Okay I see what you're saying

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

A little update to see if I'm moving in the right direction for this. I switched up the tail feather for a head feather look. I also changed the color of the green. What do you think?

AAnaheimseconddraft.png

30vja50.png

A little update to see if I'm moving in the right direction for this. I switched up the tail feather for a head feather look. I also changed the color of the green. What do you think?

AAnaheimseconddraft.png

Eh, I'm still not feeling it. When I think "peacock," the tail comes to mind, not the head. Again, I think a full tail design would be your best bet. Something similar in shape to the NBC logo, with an A where the peacock body currently is.

AAnaheimseconddraft.png

Eh, I'm still not feeling it. When I think "peacock," the tail comes to mind, not the head. Again, I think a full tail design would be your best bet. Something similar in shape to the NBC logo, with an A where the peacock body currently is.

I am thinking of making a full body peacock as a secondary logo.

30vja50.png

Alright guys, you've seen the updated primary, now for the updated jersey sets. First the primary set.

AAnaheimPrimaryUniformsseconddraft.png

What has changed:

-Home

-Script and number on front has changed to logo and number

-Away

-A on script made smaller to match the rest of the script

-Placement of script fixed to be more realistic.

-A is now 'bald' as apposed to having the feathers

Now for the alternates.

AAnaheimAlternateUniformsseconddraf.png

What has changed:

-Home

-Script and number on front has changed to modified logo and numbers

-Text and numbers have been changed to include less purple

-Away

-Script modified to include less detail and make the A smaller

-Placement of script and front number fixed

-Hat logo simplified

Also some things have been updated for the whole set:

-Lime green changed to jade

-Placement of the NOB is fixed

-Stripes drawn onto back of uniforms (noticed I forgot them)

-Size of hat logo fixed

More C&C would be appreciated

30vja50.png

I actually tried to fool around with your logo to try and make it look more "feather-like", but it is tough to figure out what has to be done. I tried making the feather curved and not so straight out like your logo, but it wasn't really working out. I actually think what you have here is a pretty good start; the A, in my opinion, isn't necessarily a bad logo because the colors make it so much more convincing that the team mascot is a peacock. For a cap logo based solely on the letter of the city and/or team, this is pretty unique.

The uniforms are okay, I'm not really into the whole vest/logo/number package, I'm more of a fan of a nameplate of the city/team name on the chest, but it's your concept, and for a vest/logo/number jersey I think you did pretty well. I do like white paneled hats, I always have, so that's a good move there.

Overall I'd say it's pretty decent, could use a little more purple though, just to compliment the green.

I actually tried to fool around with your logo to try and make it look more "feather-like", but it is tough to figure out what has to be done. I tried making the feather curved and not so straight out like your logo, but it wasn't really working out. I actually think what you have here is a pretty good start; the A, in my opinion, isn't necessarily a bad logo because the colors make it so much more convincing that the team mascot is a peacock. For a cap logo based solely on the letter of the city and/or team, this is pretty unique.

The uniforms are okay, I'm not really into the whole vest/logo/number package, I'm more of a fan of a nameplate of the city/team name on the chest, but it's your concept, and for a vest/logo/number jersey I think you did pretty well. I do like white paneled hats, I always have, so that's a good move there.

Overall I'd say it's pretty decent, could use a little more purple though, just to compliment the green.

Thank you, any ideas on how I could incorporate more purple?

30vja50.png

Haha, that kinda puts me in a weird place, I was hoping you could see where it could be used. :D I do think that there needs to be more purple, I'm just not sure as to where to incorporate it. Maybe, this is kinda iffy, but maybe you could just have the caps be purple or something.

Haha, that kinda puts me in a weird place, I was hoping you could see where it could be used. :D I do think that there needs to be more purple, I'm just not sure as to where to incorporate it. Maybe, this is kinda iffy, but maybe you could just have the caps be purple or something.

Well I plan on making some BP jerseys, so maybe I could make a purple one.

30vja50.png

How about this idea. Make the A so it seems to be a peacock facing you head on. You could make feathers behind it like the NBC logo. Now I'm not saying copy exactly what NBC does, but something similar with the feathers.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

How about this idea. Make the A so it seems to be a peacock facing you head on. You could make feathers behind it like the NBC logo. Now I'm not saying copy exactly what NBC does, but something similar with the feathers.

The problem with that, is that the A is already very tall and skinny, and by addaing something to the top, it would only add to the tall and skinny effect.

30vja50.png

The problem with that, is that the A is already very tall and skinny, and by addaing something to the top, it would only add to the tall and skinny effect.

Then you could make the A a tad shorter and wider.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived