Hamilton Tigers

troy_3223

As much as I hate to say it, dump the stripes.

The color scheme is really appealing and the lines of both the logo and the jersey flow nice and are really clean. I would buy this jersey...without the stripes.

The color scheme is really appealing and the lines of both the logo and the jersey flow nice and are really clean. I would buy this jersey...without the stripes.

I agree, just get rid of the tiger pattern, and that is a real nice lookin' jersey you got there. I'm not too sure about the logo though. I don't really think its necessary to have the leaf in the primary logo, maybe try just going with the old english H by itself.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I agree, just get rid of the tiger pattern, and that is a real nice lookin' jersey you got there. I'm not too sure about the logo though. I don't really think its necessary to have the leaf in the primary logo, maybe try just going with the old english H by itself.

I might try modifying the logo some later on, but the tiger stripes seem to be the most glaring issue. I assume it's fine on the breezers, but I think there should be some element on the jerseys. I was hoping the backs of the sleeves would be unobtrusive enough. Perhaps the side panels?

hamiltontigersside.png

Of course, I could always do victory stripes, like the Lightning.

hamiltontigersvstripe.png

I like them both. I think the first one seems to emulate a bit of the look of the original Tigers. And I've always wanted to use the victory stripes in a concept. What do you all think?

nhl94vansigpng.png

hamiltontigersside.png

I like them both. I think the first one seems to emulate a bit of the look of the original Tigers. And I've always wanted to use the victory stripes in a concept. What do you all think?

How exactly does this emulate the original?

ba3c52434e7ea0fa2248e10d6d45.jpg

canada.png

To clarify -

I meant that I was trying to make the tiger striping on the side panels look like the striping used by the original Tigers. And I meant the uniforms the original Tigers wore for the 23-24 season. That's the "bit of the look" I was trying to emulate. Sheesh.

nhl94vansigpng.png

To clarify -

I meant that I was trying to make the tiger striping on the side panels look like the striping used by the original Tigers. And I meant the uniforms the original Tigers wore for the 23-24 season. That's the "bit of the look" I was trying to emulate. Sheesh.

Hmmm... Still don't see the similarity, but OK

Tigers3.gif

canada.png

To clarify -

Tigers3.gif

Maybe it's just me then. I saw a concept a while back for the Senators which took the barberpole and relegated it to panels on the sleeves (like I did originally). I thought it was a good way to do barberpole on a modern jersey. The striping for the tigers isn't barberpole. The stripes are too narrow and close together. I wanted the tiger stripes to be similar. I was the one with the intent, so maybe it's fitting that I'm the only one who sees the similarity.

nhl94vansigpng.png

To clarify -

Tigers3.gif

Maybe it's just me then. I saw a concept a while back for the Senators which took the barberpole and relegated it to panels on the sleeves (like I did originally). I thought it was a good way to do barberpole on a modern jersey. The striping for the tigers isn't barberpole. The stripes are too narrow and close together. I wanted the tiger stripes to be similar. I was the one with the intent, so maybe it's fitting that I'm the only one who sees the similarity.

My first rough draft for the jersey had the stripes in the sleeves and the side panels, so it was more obvious, while at the same time being more obviously crappy.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Okay...where to begin?

Olde English H, modern template with tiger stripes, color scheme that looks like some crappy merchandise Nike would put out for Virginia Tech, and of course, the obligatory Maple Leaf creep to let people know that Hamilton is in Canada. That's WAY too many mismatched elements for one concept.

So first of all, ditch the red/maple leaf.

Then choose which you prefer, the H logo or the modern template with the tiger stripes. Either looks good; they just don't look good together.

Yeah jamikel is right, this really does not flow well, it's rather cluttered and the elements don't transition well. Also isn't hamilton's cfl team named Tigers? Why would they want the Nhl team named that? That's my opinion for all concepts like this. Finally anyone who knows anything about fashion will tell you that red and orange never match. Ever. To me they clash like navy and black. Drop the red.

Okay...where to begin?

Olde English H, modern template with tiger stripes, color scheme that looks like some crappy merchandise Nike would put out for Virginia Tech, and of course, the obligatory Maple Leaf creep to let people know that Hamilton is in Canada. That's WAY too many mismatched elements for one concept.

So first of all, ditch the red/maple leaf.

Then choose which you prefer, the H logo or the modern template with the tiger stripes. Either looks good; they just don't look good together.

Ahh, the "Maple Leaf Creep". Oh how I hate this!!! Glad I'm not the only one!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived