Texas Rangers Concept

CAB

I was trying to sketch a new logo for the Rangers when the idea popped into my mind to use a real badge as the logo. I like the old badge logo they had, but it seems sorta dated for 2009, so I tried to update. I modeled the logo after this badge. I used some of the elements from their current logo like the T in the middle and stars on the side. I'm working on the jerseys now and I am drawing up an alternate logo with a hat. C&C please-

primarylogo-1.png

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Looks alright, although I don't really like that shade of blue. I do like the typeface, though. However, the star just seems tacked on, and doesn't really fit into the rest of the logo.

Very cool idea. Nice execution as well. You did a great job of taking a great idea and then putting it together. Everything looks good. The only thing that bothers me is the star. It looks kinda...basic? Perhaps you could make it look more "westernish" some how. I guess it's not too bad. Anyway, nice job!

Very cool idea. Nice execution as well. You did a great job of taking a great idea and then putting it together. Everything looks good. The only thing that bothers me is the star. It looks kinda...basic? Perhaps you could make it look more "westernish" some how. I guess it's not too bad. Anyway, nice job!

Your right. I'm gonna make an update with shadowing like the old star logo they had. I might post the home jerseys later on as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Well, here is the updated logo. Like I said, I added shadowing to the star, and also made the T in the middle larger.

primarylogo-2.png

On the jerseys, I wanted something a little more... different. I get sick of seeing the same boring striping designs on baseball jerseys. I guess you could say I'm an "anti-traditionalist". I came up with something a little different. I originally had the design going all the way to the collar of the jersey, but that was a little too over the top. I replaced the Texas script with Rangers because I think the team nickname should always be on the home jersey. I didn't change anything else, it's still the same cap they use. Alright, tell me what ya think-

home-1.png

C&C please.

Well, here is the updated logo. Like I said, I added shadowing to the star, and also made the T in the middle larger.

primarylogo-2.png

On the jerseys, I wanted something a little more... different. I get sick of seeing the same boring striping designs on baseball jerseys. I guess you could say I'm an "anti-traditionalist". I came up with something a little different. I originally had the design going all the way to the collar of the jersey, but that was a little too over the top. I replaced the Texas script with Rangers because I think the team nickname should always be on the home jersey. I didn't change anything else, it's still the same cap they use. Alright, tell me what ya think-

home-1.png

C&C please.

What's with the blue... "stuff" on the sleeves?

Plus, I always thought this was their best star logo:

5289p642uczhlrkihwnvthos6.gif

What's with the blue... "stuff" on the sleeves?

Plus, I always thought this was their best star logo:

:image removed:

The blue "stuff" is a sleeve design that I made.

I like that logo too, and I think that the Rangers need a logo with the star. But, instead of using that one, I decided to come up with my own logo.

BTW, I am almost done with the road unis along with an alternate logo. I will post those shortly.

This logo was obviously based off of the old Rangers' hat logo. I slightly tweaked and updated it by adding some shadowing and a "ranger badge" to the top. I also put the current Rangers script underneath it.

alternatelogo.png

The roadies are essentially the same as the home uniforms. Instead of the traditional gray, I used the shade of gray which can be found in the flag logo they have.

road-1.png

C&C please.

BTW, I forgot to put a sleeve patch on the home jersey, but it is on the road. Alternates are on the way.

Well, I want to see some more comments. I would like to think that means that people like it, but I don't know if nothing is being said. Moving on to the last jersey for this set. I wanted to do something a bit more retro for an alternate, and surfing through the web I found this jersey. I thought it would be neat to recreate it and that is exactly what I did. It may be an eyesore to watch, but it's from the 70's, what do yo expect. :P I had a lot of fun making this, enjoy.

throwbackalternate.png

C&C please.

It's a bit distracting how the wordmark doesn't have the white outline between the blue and red, yet the numbers and player names do. Also, it appears there is a drop shadow on the home, but not the away. It seems inconsistent.

The sleeve strips are definitely interesting. I think they'd probably look a whole lot better on the field compared to a template.

Untitled-1.png

road-1.png

Single red outline on the wordmark.

Double outline on the rear numbers.

Red drop shadow on the hat logo.

Double outline + drop shadow on the nameplate.

Single line of red piping on front placket piping.

No piping at all on the back.

Red-blue-red piping on pants.

Not sure what kind of design that is on the sleeves.

...what exactly was your thought process here?

Archived