Jon Gruden to replace Kornheiser on MNF

epper

I'm not a huge fan of Kornheiser on MNF (though I do enjoy PTI) but could they have chosen a less-likable person than Jon Gruden?

Brat Farve???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

While I love Kornheiser, I'm glad he stepped down. Being a football announcer's just not his thing. He likes to be funny, and a 3 hour football game just doesn't present many opportunities to do that (insert random bad football team joke here), so many of his jokes seemed forced, which made him come off as annoying.

Jon Gruden, from what I saw during the NFL Draft, had the potential to be a great addition to the MNF crew. While I haven't watched Monday Night Football since it went to ESPN, I think he'll work well with whoever is announcing the games. He knows his stuff, and he can joke around too, making the game a little more enjoyable. i wish he would have stayed with NFL Network. He and Steve Mariucci worked well together.

But, yes, Gruden will be gone as soon as a coaching offer some along, possibly the Bengals head coaching position (it's sad, as much as I like Marvin Lewis, but for his sake, he should leave). Even after that I hope Gruden gets back into television.

I'm not a huge fan of Kornheiser on MNF (though I do enjoy PTI) but could they have chosen a less-likable person than Jon Gruden?

Brat Farve???

Okay, that's one, though I meant it as more of a rhetorical question than a challenge.

This just goes from bad to worse, I like Kornheiser on PTI, but he was terrible for MNF. As for Gruden, i don't think he should be a broadcaster. He's a coach, so thats what he should stick to.

Personally I think ex coaches make better broadcasters than ex players. Gruden might well go back to coaching one day, but I think he will do a good job in the booth for a year or two.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived